Corrupt recordings when recording from same transponder

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Corrupt recordings when recording from same transponder

Postby mdfwrestler » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:10 am

Hi

Not sure if I’ve posted before but I’ve been using DVBlogic products for many years :) with a MCE setup.

I’ve recently ditched my MCE setup (since2005) in favour of Kodi (Helix) and again with DVBlogic’s suite of DVBLINK Server/Connect!/TVSource.

Having recently notice some corrupt (white out) recordings I’ve done some digging using the monitoring tool and realised the issue appears to be with channels being receive from the same transponder (a tuner recording 2 simultaneous feeds).

I’m unsure if it’s my tuner at fault or in relation to DVBlink.

My setup is...

Media Server with –
Asus P5E-VM HDMI, Intel Quad 2.4, 6gb RAM, 128GB SSD boot drive Connected to (1gb LAN) Qnap TS412 for media files and TV recordings.
TBS 6984 Quad DVB S2 tuner (latest drivers 1.0.2.4)
Hauppauge Nova DVB S2 Single Tuner (latest drivers 2.126.30325.0)
Hauppauge Nova-DT DVBT Dual Tuner (driver 4.3.27240.0)

W7 64bit (fully patched)
DVBLINK Server/Connect!/TVSource all at v5.1.0 builds 11030

Media PC with (recording from)–
MSI 97m Gaming, Intel 4790 Quad 4.0, 8gb RAM, 128GB SSD boot drive Connected to (1gb LAN) Qnap TS412 for media files and TV recordings.
W7 64bit (fully patched)
Kodi PVR Addon 1.9.13

Another issue I’ve found is if I record a channel > stop recording > delete record> attempt to record the channel again I get error message “Already started recording on this channel”

Would it be possible to disable multi-feeds from the same transponder?

Thanks

logfile attached
dvblink-log-20150124-0108.zip
(20.15 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
mdfwrestler

Re: Corrupt recordings when recording from same transponder

Postby mdfwrestler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:55 am

Just to add to my original post....

While watching the DVBlink monitor I noticed that 2 x DVB-T test recordings were on 1 x DVB-T tuner? Is this possible from a single DVB-T feed?
Just to confirm, my configuration is –

TBS 6984 Quad DVBS/S2 Tuner D (TBS6984_Tuner_1) Configured as the main tuner with the following as linked tuners –
Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod (Hauppauge DVBS2)
TBS 6984 Quad DVBS/S2 Tuner A (TBS6984_Tuner_4)
TBS 6984 Quad DVBS/S2 Tuner B (TBS6984_Tuner_3)
TBS 6984 Quad DVBS/S2 Tuner C (TBS6984_Tuner_2)

Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path0) NovaT_1 Configured as the main tuner with the following as linked tuner –
Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner (Dev1 Path1) NovaT_2

Just to add to my original post, the white out of the corrupt recording is heavily pixelated on play back (almost white out)....

Thanks.
mdfwrestler

Postby mdfwrestler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Source>Tuner>configure>advanced settings>disable Multi streams has worked.

Not so desperate for me at the moment but it would be good for multi stream recordings to work.

Cheers.
mdfwrestler

Postby Oberon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Are you using softcam on dvb-t tuner, which produces corrupt recordings?
Oberon

Postby mdfwrestler » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Oberon,

No softcam on DVB-T, to be honest my only reason for keeping the dual tuner is in case I have a problem with my sat dish...Only have UK standard channels tuned in - BBC1/2, ITV, Channel 4/5.

This one is not a deal breaker for me and since I've discovered your multi-feed switch all appears well.

Thanks for the reply.
mdfwrestler

Postby Oberon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:08 pm

I need some additional information on the failed use case, please.

If I understand correctly, corrupt recordings are when using two channels from the same dvb-t tuner, right? Does the stream from dvb-s tuner run at the same time?
I need to know exactly how the error can be reproduced as we have a very comparable case at the setup of another user - he says that dvb-s stream should also be running to reproduce the issue.
Oberon

Postby mdfwrestler » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Oberon,

No problem, glad to help.

There were 2 separate issues -

Firstly, 2 x corrupt recordings - these were both from a single DVB-S2 satellite tuner when the feeds were from the same transponder. I'm unsure at this point whether or not it was down to dvblink or the softcam I was using at the time - I can test this tomorrow for you to confirm.

The second issue was with a DVB-T (no softcam) tuner which appeared to be receiving 2 feeds (see attached NovaT_1) - only one of these feeds actually recorded.

I'll get back to you tomorrow when I have access to my MediaServer and test multifeeds with/without softcam.

Cheers.
Attachments
DVB_T_2x_Feeds_From_Single_Tuner.png
DVB_T_2x_Feeds_From_Single_Tuner.png (16.22 KiB) Viewed 7332 times
mdfwrestler

Postby Beachman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:57 am

Hi,

I just want to say that I also get corrupted streams when I record 1 channel and simultaneously watch/record another from the same transponder, then the second stream gets corrupted. The strange thing is that it only occurs if It is the same client that is initializing the 2 streams. If client 1 starts the first recording and client 2 starts watching/record second stream there is no corruption, even if client 1 after that starts recording/watching same stream as client 2!?

So the corruption only occurs if It is the same client that is initializing the streams from the same transponder!?

I'm using only dvb-t streams It occurs on both FTA-channels and encrypted channels. I'm using dvblink connect server 5.1 and XBMC clients all on win-platform using dlrecorder (I have tested mc_recorder with same result). I get no errors in log and no errors/discontinues when I monitor streams. I do have acamd in the plugins folders, but as stated the corruption occurs on FTA-channels too...

I'm at work now so I can't zip any log files at the moment, but there is definitely some kind of problem with multi channel on same transponder.
Server: Connect 5.0 on WHS2011. Intel I5. Cinergy t-stick dual RC HD (acamd,oscam), 2x PCTV nanostick T2 290e(acamd,oscam), 2x Anysee T2C (Boxer HD Sweden CI, clone+). Clients: Surface pro 3, Intel NUC i3 Haswel XBMC, 2x Iphone 4, 1x Lumia 1520
Beachman

Postby mdfwrestler » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Oberon,

Good news for me but not quite so good for your testing...

I've run through several scenarios but I cannot replicate the problem :?

I have attached what tests I've carried out & today's log file...

I will have my test configuration setup until 16:00 if you need me to try any other options.

Cheers

Logfile
The attachment dvblink-log-20150127-1400.zip is no longer available

Testing
DVBlinkTesting1.PNG
DVBlinkTesting1.PNG (22.6 KiB) Viewed 7303 times

DVBlinkTesting2.PNG
DVBlinkTesting2.PNG (14.5 KiB) Viewed 7303 times
mdfwrestler

Postby mdfwrestler » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Logfile

dvblink-log-20150127-1400.zip
(25.29 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
mdfwrestler

Postby Oberon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks for your very comprehensive input.
We will be researching it on our side as well to reproduce and fix it.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon