EPG does not update

DVBLink TVSource is discussed here!

EPG does not update

Postby Muppets4 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:19 am

I have my DVB-T cards installed on my server (WHS2011). After installing the four DBA TV cards in clients (w7 32 and 64) everything works ok. After a while I get blanks in the guide, and in time the complete guide is empty. Manually refreshing the guide does not work. The guide stays empty. The only remedy is to 're-install' the four BDA cards in the clients. After that, in a couple of seconds, the guide data is all present again.

I use the McGuide option and the EPG scanner of the DVB-T cards. Both are the same!
2 Anysee E30 TC combo cards and 2 Technotrend c-1501 budget pci cards
Muppets4

Re: EPG does not update

Postby Muppets4 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:12 am

This problem still isn't solved. In the meantime I replaced the DVB-T cards with DVB-C cards. The EPG data comes in after I installed the tuners, but does not update from then. When I manually update the EPG through MCE, the procure finishes without any mention of errors, but the information is not updated. I've changed my router and disabled the firewall, added the server in a DMZ, but nothing seems to help. Reinstalling the BDA drivers on the client and within seconds the complete EPG is filled. Very annoying.
Muppets4

Postby Muppets4 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm

It's even worse then I thought. The EPG is not only not updating, but the guide dissapears too. Yesterday I had EPG information till Saterday, now it is empty. For testing purposes I had 2 different guides for different channels, to rule out certain causes. But all is empty now. Empty is the mcguide EPG and empty is the EPG got from the DVB-C channels. Updating leaves me with an empty guide.

In the process of reinstalling the BDA drivers again, what seems to be the short term solution (for a few days). That is very annoying.

EDIT: it has to be on the server side of things, all clients behave simular
Muppets4

Postby tony_park » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm

I wonder if this is due to MC not being installed on the server, and hence mcguide doesn't exist to pull the epg data down from the web
Windows 7 Media Center Embedded in Evolve Media Lifestation
Intel i3, AMD 6450, 4GB,
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.4,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Postby Muppets4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't know if that is the reason. If so, it should be repaired. It is possible to fill the EPG right after installing the BDA drivers on the client. There are more people overhere that use WHS2011 for their TV cards, and I couldn't find any posts of them complaining about it.
Muppets4

Postby tony_park » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

You would need to check if they use the MC guide source, or something else, for example epg collector etc.
Windows 7 Media Center Embedded in Evolve Media Lifestation
Intel i3, AMD 6450, 4GB,
Dreambox Clone - CCCam 2.1.4,
2xTBS 6981 dual S2 tuner,
Plugin: Acamd 0.6.2.0
TV Source 4.6.0
tony_park

Postby Muppets4 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:13 pm

I installed EPG collector and added the plugin. Great program, but left me with the same problem. After the initial filling of the EPG, no updates come through. BUT.... I just manually did an EPG scan on the source and after that, the clients updated. So..... Left me with one thing that is not going well: the EPG scan in the device settings doesnt automatically update. Anyone?
Muppets4

Return to DVBLink TVSource