Android App -> Start streaming = UNKNOWN?

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Re: Android App -> Start streaming = UNKNOWN?

Postby Percy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Interestingly mine is now back to unknown.
HTPC: AMD 3780k APU (3Ghz Quad+AMD 6570), 8GB Crucial Balastix RAM, Black Gold BGT3600 + BGT3620 Tuner cards (DVB-T2 x 4 + DVB-S2 x 2), 2TB Seagate 5900rpm drive, Sandisk readycache 32gb SSD, Antec Micro Fusion Case.
Percy

Postby olli80 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Welcome back :)

I´ve done also some testing.

Using my mobile as a usb tether on my laptop for internet access. I´m able to log into dvblogic and stream my tv channels.
(So all ports are working, nothing is blocked by provider, everything fine)

Using android app on my mobile to stream tv channels = "ServerDied" !!!!

olli80

Postby phonk » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello,

i've got the same problem and it was diskussed a long time ago.

It seems that some mobile provider are blocking some protocolls.
My trick was to make an VPN to the DVBLink PC that works.

And it is realizable with windows and android bordtools. No extra software is needed.

If the VPN is established you can use the android app in Local Network mode with the internal IP from your MediaCenterPC
phonk

Postby olli80 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am

phonk wrote:Hello,

i've got the same problem and it was diskussed a long time ago.

It seems that some mobile provider are blocking some protocolls.
My trick was to make an VPN to the DVBLink PC that works.

And it is realizable with windows and android bordtools. No extra software is needed.

If the VPN is established you can use the android app in Local Network mode with the internal IP from your MediaCenterPC

Hello phonk,

thanks for your help.

But if you had read my previous post, you would know that my problem has nothing to do with blocked ports! Streaming live TV over my mobile broadband connection is working for 100%! It is just not working within that DVBLogic Android app.
Please keep this thread alive until we have a fully working app. Thanks!

olli80 wrote:Using my mobile as a usb tether on my laptop for internet access. I´m able to log into dvblogic and stream my tv channels.
(So all ports are working, nothing is blocked by provider, everything fine)

Using android app on my mobile to stream tv channels = "ServerDied" !!!!

[/b]
olli80

Postby Oberon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

olli80 wrote:Hello phonk,

thanks for your help.

But if you had read my previous post, you would know that my problem has nothing to do with blocked ports! Streaming live TV over my mobile broadband connection is working for 100%! It is just not working within that DVBLogic Android app.
Please keep this thread alive until we have a fully working app. Thanks!

If you use your mobile as usb tether and stream to your laptop from dvblink server you are using http streaming (this is the one used for web interface - based on asf/http). So most probably your provider blocks udp stream that is used for android streaming.
Server: Synology DS212j, TBS5980CI (Dutch CanalDigitaal), TeVii s660 unicable Astra 28.2E, DVBLink TVSource 4.6.0, all DVBLink EPG Loaders
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 MediaCenter, Samsung DLNA TV, IPad, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby olli80 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

Give me a way to proof UDP streaming. How can i show you that it is working for me?
I think remote potato is using UDP streaming also and it is working fine on my mobile!
olli80

Postby Oberon » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 am

For the app there is no difference whether being on wifi or mobile network. We give an url to the Android player and it does the rest. So if it works on the wifi and does not work on a mobile network - probably it is not an app issue, right?..
Server: Synology DS212j, TBS5980CI (Dutch CanalDigitaal), TeVii s660 unicable Astra 28.2E, DVBLink TVSource 4.6.0, all DVBLink EPG Loaders
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 MediaCenter, Samsung DLNA TV, IPad, Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby olli80 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 am

Oberon wrote:For the app there is no difference whether being on wifi or mobile network. We give an url to the Android player and it does the rest. So if it works on the wifi and does not work on a mobile network - probably it is not an app issue, right?..

Mhhh maybe ...... i´m not an expert, you are! And when you say it is an provider problem i have to life with it.

I can say:
-Streaming with remote potato is working (native player?)
-Streaming with YouTube App is working
-Streaming XXX Videos is working (Vplayer)
-Streaming weather infos is working (weather app, native player)
-Streaming from DLNA device (twonky server, native player) is working
-Streaming from Buffalo NAS (app, native player) is working

-Steaming with DVBLink = not working! SO? Should i believe in a blocked port? i dont........!

I tried to keep this app but the only thing i can do is using another app for stream my TV ;(
Sad day!
olli80

Previous

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server