DVBLink PC Client waking up HTPC.

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

DVBLink PC Client waking up HTPC.

Postby Percy » Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 pm

As the title says, I have my netbook with the DVBlink client installed which works great, the problem being if my HTPC is in sleep mode it will wake up when my netbook starts.

As it is my netbook will only be occasional TV usage so I really don't want this to happen.

Anyway I can stop the client starting up with the netbook and only start it when its needed?
HTPC: AMD 3780k APU (3Ghz Quad+AMD 6570), 8GB Crucial Balastix RAM, Black Gold BGT3600 + BGT3620 Tuner cards (DVB-T2 x 4 + DVB-S2 x 2), 2TB Seagate 5900rpm drive, Sandisk readycache 32gb SSD, Antec Micro Fusion Case.
Percy

Re: DVBLink PC Client waking up HTPC.

Postby Percy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Sorry to bump, nobody have a solution?
HTPC: AMD 3780k APU (3Ghz Quad+AMD 6570), 8GB Crucial Balastix RAM, Black Gold BGT3600 + BGT3620 Tuner cards (DVB-T2 x 4 + DVB-S2 x 2), 2TB Seagate 5900rpm drive, Sandisk readycache 32gb SSD, Antec Micro Fusion Case.
Percy

Postby yamcenutzer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Are you saying that, your dvblink network cliet is automatically waking up the dvblink server??

I and quite a few others have requested this as a feature, but were told, that it is NOT implemented.
Which means, that if you start a client and try to tune to a channel and the server is asleep, it won'T work, and you'll get the infamous 'playready' error message.

So what kind of client do have?
yamcenutzer

Postby riao » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Networksettings on the HTPC are not set properly awakening HTPC on traffic.
Solution: Restrict to "MagicPaket"

Maybe thats it

To start the HTPC when needed u need to send a "magic Paket" to the HTPC on demand.
Google for Tools doing this. I guess there are several for free available.
riao

Postby Percy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:44 pm

yamcenutzer wrote:Are you saying that, your dvblink network cliet is automatically waking up the dvblink server??

I and quite a few others have requested this as a feature, but were told, that it is NOT implemented.
Which means, that if you start a client and try to tune to a channel and the server is asleep, it won'T work, and you'll get the infamous 'playready' error message.

So what kind of client do have?

I am running everything on the 4.1 server client all on windows 7.

riao wrote:Networksettings on the HTPC are not set properly awakening HTPC on traffic.
Solution: Restrict to "MagicPaket"

Maybe thats it

To start the HTPC when needed u need to send a "magic Paket" to the HTPC on demand.
Google for Tools doing this. I guess there are several for free available.

That makes sense, first to stop my htoc waking and then get it waking on demand, I thought it was standard thing but clearly not.

Thanks
Percy

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server