Dvblink for XBMC

DVBLink Remote API clients and tools

Re: Dvblink for XBMC

Postby DSD » Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

That's good news, I will change the code in the add-on to the changes made by Wal.
Cleao, thank you for the feedback, it's very valuable.
I know that there is support for stopping a stream in the DvbLink API, but I'm not currently using this.
I will look into this and try to add support for stopping a stream.
DSD

Postby Oberon » Tue May 08, 2012 6:52 am

DSD wrote:I know that there is support for stopping a stream in the DvbLink API, but I'm not currently using this.
I will look into this and try to add support for stopping a stream.

Yes, the previous stream has to be stopped before starting a new one. Otherwise server will try to start another stream next to already existing one.
To be sure that you have stopped the previous stream I would recommend to send stop stream for the client id command on the application startup (to make sure that no streams are hanging in case of previous application crash) and send the same command before starting a new stream.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon

Postby Wal » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 am

DSD wrote:That's good news, I will change the code in the add-on to the changes made by Wal.

Change
Code: Select all
channel_name=channel.get_channel_name.encode('utf_8')
infoLabels = { "Title": channel.get_channel_name.encode('utf_8'), "Plot": "","date": "" }

to
channel_name = channel.get_channel_name.decode(XMLDOC_CODEPAGE)
infoLabels = { "Title": channel_name, "Plot": "","date": "" }

that's all
Kaum macht's man richtig, funktioniert es auch. o(°:°)o

Server: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core Win7 U 64, DVBLink 4.5 Server, Source, ConnectServer
Clients: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core , ASUS AT5IONT-I Win7 U 64, NEC Beamer, IPhone4 32MB, ACER Iconia Tab A200
Wal

Postby DSD » Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 am

Wal wrote:
DSD wrote:That's good news, I will change the code in the add-on to the changes made by Wal.

Change
channel_name=channel.get_channel_name.encode('utf_8')
infoLabels = { "Title": channel.get_channel_name.encode('utf_8'), "Plot": "","date": "" }

to
channel_name = channel.get_channel_name.decode(XMLDOC_CODEPAGE)
infoLabels = { "Title": channel_name, "Plot": "","date": "" }

that's all

Thanks!
I'll try and change this asap.
Unfortunately I've been busy the last couple of days and that's why I haven't released a new version yet...
DSD

Postby tzzz » Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 am

Hi,
First I want to say thanks for your great work! I look forward to the final version!
Question, are you planning to integrate your plugin in the PVR build of XMBC Eden? For now we can only select TVHeadend, Mediaportal as a backend. Would be nice to select DVBlink as a backend.
tzzz

Postby DSD » Wed May 09, 2012 10:23 am

tzzz wrote:Hi,
First I want to say thanks for your great work! I look forward to the final version!
Question, are you planning to integrate your plugin in the PVR build of XMBC Eden? For now we can only select TVHeadend, Mediaportal as a backend. Would be nice to select DVBlink as a backend.

I'm not that familiar with the PVR build of XBMC, does this require coding directly in XBMC?
My first priority is to get a fully functional DvbLink add-on in XBMC.
DSD

Postby IanPH » Thu May 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello Mr. DSD,

I found your addon for XBMC last night and I really like to idea. But one thing I'm desperately looking for is the ability to use the Live TV function within XBMC.

I have therefore been experimenting with the IPTV plugin of the VDR addon in OpenELEC's distro of XBMC which is able to handle HTTP stream. But I just can't get it to work. It seems there is some compatibility issue with the HTTP headers of the DVBLink stream.
(ERROR: OpenELEC PVR VDR-Addon IPTV connecting to HTTP Direct)

Since you seem to be quite at level with coding in a linux environment I was wondering whether you would be willing and able to create a VDR DVBLink plugin. It would be very nice when a VDR plugin for DVBLink would be possible as you could instantly make use of all the Live TV and recording features of XBMC.

Best regards,

Ian P. Heitmans
Setup: 4 Sat-tuner Server with DVBLink 4.6.0/Connect! Server 4.6.0 and a home full of Win 7 MCE PC's
(TBS6982 + Cine S2 -> DVBLink TVSource/Connect! Server/ACamd 0.6.2.0/OSCam 1.20-unst #8155 CCCam)
IanPH

Postby tzzz » Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 pm

DSD wrote:
tzzz wrote:Hi,

I'm not that familiar with the PVR build of XBMC, does this require coding directly in XBMC?
My first priority is to get a fully functional DvbLink add-on in XBMC.

I don't know if it requires coding... See the following link for the PVR build of XBMC: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcel ... build.html
This build of xbmc has a nice interface for watching live tv in XBMC. Complete with EPG integration and timeshifting.
tzzz

Postby DSD » Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 am

IanPH wrote:Hello Mr. DSD,

I found your addon for XBMC last night and I really like to idea. But one thing I'm desperately looking for is the ability to use the Live TV function within XBMC.

I have therefore been experimenting with the IPTV plugin of the VDR addon in OpenELEC's distro of XBMC which is able to handle HTTP stream. But I just can't get it to work. It seems there is some compatibility issue with the HTTP headers of the DVBLink stream.
(ERROR: OpenELEC PVR VDR-Addon IPTV connecting to HTTP Direct)

Since you seem to be quite at level with coding in a linux environment I was wondering whether you would be willing and able to create a VDR DVBLink plugin. It would be very nice when a VDR plugin for DVBLink would be possible as you could instantly make use of all the Live TV and recording features of XBMC.

Best regards,

Ian P. Heitmans

I'm rather new to coding Python, my main area is Windows programming and C#/VB.Net so I'm not that familiar with developing for Linux.
And my main goal is to first finish this add-on and then I could take a look at PVR functionality of XBMC.
DSD

Postby DSD » Tue May 15, 2012 4:22 pm

New version released, see first post for more information.
DSD

Postby Wal » Tue May 15, 2012 8:38 pm

The new addon does not work for me, the channel list is found, but nothing happens when the channel selector.

Server: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core Win7 U 64, DVBLink 4.5 Server, Source, ConnectServer
Clients: ASRock AMD 3GHz 6-Core , ASUS AT5IONT-I Win7 U 64, NEC Beamer, IPhone4 32MB, ACER Iconia Tab A200
Wal

Postby DSD » Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm

There is a problem with streaming the selected channel in version 1.2.0.
It's working fine on my development machine, but when I tried it on my htpc I get same behavior as Wal.
Wal, you can revert back to version 1.1.0 for now and I will look into this problem.

UPDATE: I've now released a new version which should fix the problem with streaming channel.
DSD

Postby DSD » Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Oberon, I'm experiencing the same errors as Teddan when trying to stream a channel via the DvbLink Remote API which my add-on for Xbmc is using.
This occurred when running my Xbmc add-on from 3 different computers although not at the same time.

The below information is taken from the dvblink_webserver.log:

[15/May/2012:23:02:19] DVB.ERROR Error /mobile/ 500 "IDS_TRIAL_ENDED_MSG"
[15/May/2012:23:02:19] DVB.ERROR Request headers AUTHORIZATION: 'Basic dXNlcjpiYWF6'
Content-Length: '346'
HOST: 'htpc2:8080'
Remote-Addr: '192.168.0.198'
ACCEPT: 'text/plain'
Content-Type: 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'
ACCEPT-ENCODING: 'identity'
[15/May/2012:23:02:19] DVB.ERROR Request info body: <cherrypy._cpreqbody.RequestBody object at 0x0BE17310>
protocol: (1, 1)
method: 'POST'
[15/May/2012:23:02:19] DVB.ERROR Traceback Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\web_server\lib.zip\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "mobile.py", line 23, in index
RuntimeError: IDS_TRIAL_ENDED_MSG

My licenses are fully registered and working so I do not think that error written in the log is the correct one...
Also if I reboot the computer on which DvbLink is running then everything works just fine.

If you need any more information then please let me know.
DSD

Postby Wal » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm

I have problems with '???' in ver.1.2.1
I must change in channels.py :
@property
def get_channel_subnumber(self):
return self.__subnumber

def _from_xml(self, xml_string):
channel = parseString(xml_string.decode(XMLDOC_CODEPAGE)) <--- this

Wal

Postby DSD » Wed May 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Wal wrote:I have problems with '???' in ver.1.2.1
I must change in channels.py :
@property
def get_channel_subnumber(self):
return self.__subnumber

def _from_xml(self, xml_string):
channel = parseString(xml_string.decode(XMLDOC_CODEPAGE)) <--- this

That's strange, the channels.py is one of the classes provided by DvbLogic.
And I've not done any changes in these.
If the change is working for you, then I will release an update.
DSD

PreviousNext

Return to Development corner