Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby cleao » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:17 pm

With DBBlink 3 in Windows Media Player I saw DVBLink and in sub-folder 'recorded TV' use to have all the channels but with DVBlink 4 the is any reference to DVBLink in a client PC that have WMC in wich all channels work fine!
Is there any DLNA problem? Wy doesn't WMP 12 client see DVBlink (the WMP of the DVBLink server work's well) ??
cleao
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm


Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby Oberon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:20 pm

How many network adapters do you have in your server computer?
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon
 
Posts: 8644
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:04 am

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby cleao » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:29 pm

... testing
Last edited by cleao on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cleao
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby cleao » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

Oberon wrote:How many network adapters do you have in your server computer?


Ooops thats the problem!! I have an TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI, like an network card! When disabled, DLNA works on the wright net!
Just read about an option to specify which adapter/IP the server binds to , and discover that is not present in V4 (viewtopic.php?p=51332) :?

If PC as more then 1 network card we can't use V4 ??? :roll:
cleao
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby cleao » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 am

Discover!

In DVBlink Server PC:
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
If you don't see the File menu, press ALT.
click Advanced (drop down menu)
Select the adapter whose Binding Order you wish to change in the Connections box.
Use the arrows on the right side of the Binding for to order the protocols.
Press OK.
cleao
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby bumble » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 am

cleao wrote:Discover!

In DVBlink Server PC:
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
If you don't see the File menu, press ALT.
click Advanced (drop down menu)
Select the adapter whose Binding Order you wish to change in the Connections box.
Use the arrows on the right side of the Binding for to order the protocols.
Press OK.


I Win 7 at the step of selecting "manage network connections", this doesnt seem to exist (maybe its a view thing), instead its called "change adapter settings" , its a link on the left hand side. Then continue as above by pressing Alt to show "File", then select "advanced", then "advanced settings", then you will see the network connections in the "connections" box.
bumble
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 am

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby cleao » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 pm

bumble wrote:
cleao wrote:Discover!

In DVBlink Server PC:
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
If you don't see the File menu, press ALT.
click Advanced (drop down menu)
Select the adapter whose Binding Order you wish to change in the Connections box.
Use the arrows on the right side of the Binding for to order the protocols.
Press OK.


I Win 7 at the step of selecting "manage network connections", this doesnt seem to exist (maybe its a view thing), instead its called "change adapter settings" , its a link on the left hand side. Then continue as above by pressing Alt to show "File", then select "advanced", then "advanced settings", then you will see the network connections in the "connections" box.



Thank's bumble, my Windows 7 is in Portuguese... :lol:
cleao
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby bumble » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes I figured as much hehe
bumble
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 am

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby smutle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi,

i have the same issue but cant solve: I have DVBLink 4.1 running on my WHS2011 and DLNA to my windows clients works perfect. Now I installed VMWare Workstation 8 which installed 2 virtual Network adapters and now DLNA does not work anymore. I checked the advanced settings as described in this post but my physical adapter is the first one in the list. Any ideas?
regards, smutle
smutle
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 pm

set server log level to info and restart a dvblink windows service to see in the log which IP address it binds to.
Server: Synology DS214Play, DVBSky S960CI Astra 28/23/19 (CanalDigitaal subscription), TeVii s660 Amos 4/Sirius, DVBLink TVSource 5.0.0
Clients: AsRock ION 330 Win7 with XBMC 13.1, Raspberry Pi with XBMC 13.1, Samsung DLNA TV, Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Oberon
 
Posts: 8644
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:04 am

Re: Can?t view DVBLink in WMP in client (no DLNA?)

Postby smutle » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am

Hi Oberon,
thanks for the feedback. The log shows the correct IP of the physical adapter.

"[I] DLNA server: binding to 192.168.2.116"

I can of course ping the server from the clients with this IP adress ...

Regards,
smutle
smutle
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:57 pm


Return to DVBLink Connect! Server

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests