Live TV via Android app does not work, breaks live tv in any

DVBLink Connect! Server is discussed here!

Live TV via Android app does not work, breaks live tv in any

Postby bumble » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 am

Hi

Launching android app on galaxy S2 running 2.3 produces the same symptoms as attempting the se of Media Player streaming as outlined in this other post : viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16485

I will repeat the issue for clarity:

I am running win 64 bit on i7 2700K with server + colossus bridge + connect! server
When I launch the android dvblink app, I have no option to view live TV, only given option to record. furthermore , it only shows me the guide for the following day, not the current day.
Simply opening the app breaks live tv in media center (black screen when live tv selected).
Also breaks web streaming.
Also breaks media center streaming within LAN.
So simply opening the app breaks any form of live tv and thus the dvblinks functionality.
Restarting the server service does not help. Need to reboot to regain functionality of media center and web streaming live TV.

This is basic functionality on a non beta product on a clean system so I would expect it to work.
How can we go about troubleshooting this? which logs should I include/submit to support or on here ?

thanks again
bumble

Re: Live TV via Android app does not work, breaks live tv in

Postby Jdbye » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Having the exact same issue, however I'm using Android 4.0 on a HTC Desire Z. I didn't realize it was the cause of the black screen in some of my recordings and sometimes when trying to watch live TV until I found this topic.
Note that you can tap the channel name to watch live TV, however it should be more intuitive, since tapping the channel name gives seemingly no response then a few seconds later the screen goes black with the channel name on the top. However, the stream does not play and the screen stays black, but this might just be because the app itself breaks live TV when it connects. Hopefully that's the only issue, and when this bug is fixed streaming will work properly.
Jdbye

Re: Live TV via Android app does not work, breaks live tv in

Postby bumble » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:58 am

I have , for now at least, "fixed this issue by making a clean install of my win 7 server again . However, what I think actually "fixed" it was removing component out, connecting hdmi cable (I got no TV image in media center with hdmi, "weak signal message I believe it was), disconnected HDMI out and reconnected component cables again and restarted.
bumble

Return to DVBLink Connect! Server