Apple TV Client

General discussion about DVBLink clients

Re: Apple TV Client

Postby btaroli » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am

Very recently made the switch from FireTV to Apple TV (gen4) and quickly encountered issues others have shared with jumping forward and back during recorded show playback. Swiping doesn't seem to work. I think I've found that clicking on the right and left side seems to invoke a jump but it's not the familiar 30s forward and 10/15 backward. Am I doing it wrong or is this still an issue? Whatever it is doing doesn't seem intuitive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
btaroli

Postby DaveH » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:58 pm

This is very patchy for me too. Swiping seems to work only some of the time - other times the image just freezes. The click then swipe method of navigating is also hit and miss as you don't get a thumbnail to show where you are. I much prefer sending my recorded TV to Plex, which works perfectly. It shouldn't have to be this way though.
DaveH

Postby btaroli » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:16 pm

It's interesting you mention PLEX, because I've found the interface a bit sketchy there too. I've found that if I swipe left or right during playback then it doesn't seem to take effect until I then tap play/pause. So swipe, play/pause... swipe, play/pause... is there a better method?
btaroli

Postby DaveH » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't just swipe left/right in PLEX, I either click on the left or right hand side of the touch pad to skip back/forwards a few seconds, or click in the middle then swipe to a new position (with thumbnail image) then click again to resume playback.
DaveH

Postby wilsonj » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 pm

I just purchased a new NAS hopeing that DVBLogic would be the solution I was looking for for live TV watching and recording on AppleTV.

I like many others don't exclusively use the apple remote, but a learning remote. Skipping forward and back is impossible without the original apple remote, and then it isn't great.

I feel the control side is really letting this software down on the AppleTV. Spend 5 minutes with the Channels app and you can see how well that works. The timeline shows the size of the buffer, and skips perfectly back and forward. One other nice touch is being able to see what is on other channels without navigating away from live TV. Something I can't see how to do with DVBLogic. But they don't support recording in Australia yet. And I'll be damned if I am paying a subscription to watch free TV !!

Hopefully the good people at DVB can sort out the live TV navigation issue soon.

Regards
Jamie
wilsonj

Previous

Return to General