(FTA) Channels crash randomly how to troubleshoot

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

(FTA) Channels crash randomly how to troubleshoot

Postby GuiltyNL » Wed May 11, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm running DVBLink Server on my Synology and I'm using Kodi 16.1 Jarvis with the DVBLink PVR addon. As tuner I use an OctupusNET V2 Tuner.

This is the situation:

1) I start a (FTA) channel and all functions normally
2) Randomly the channel crashes, most of the time after longer viewing time. The TV broadcast looks scrambled and is see that Kodi is trying to buffer the stream
3) At the DVBLink Server Monitor the stream gives discontinues and errors during the scrambled / crashed stream
4) When I stop the channel in Kodi and restart it directly again the stream is fine again

When I stop the stream in DVBLink Server Monitor the tuner goes Idle, but I restart the stream within the 20 second timeout DVBLink uses towards the Octopus tuner. So when I restart the channel in Kodi, the stream wasn't stopped at my Octopus tuner.

So I think the DVBLink Server reuses the still active stream (and still working?) from my Octopus tuner.

Can I state that the stream crashes on the DVBLink Server? Or is the Octopus tuner causing this issue?

I've added the logfile. You see the crash 3 times this morning and it crashed again while typing this post. The last one was stopped and restarted inmediately after. I checked my tuner interface and the stream stayed active in my Octopus tuner while I was restarting the channel.

Scramble.jpg
Scramble.jpg (109.21 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Attachments
dvblink_webserverGuiltyNL.zip
(24.68 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
GuiltyNL

Re: (FTA) Channels crash randomly how to troubleshoot

Postby GuiltyNL » Thu May 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Any idea?
GuiltyNL

Postby GuiltyNL » Fri May 13, 2016 5:35 pm

I'll open a ticket.
GuiltyNL

Postby GuiltyNL » Thu May 26, 2016 11:31 am

The support guys are still doing a good job trying to help met via the ticket, but I want to give an update here too.

For testing purposes I have installed DVBLink server on a Windows 10 PC and since then the TV streams and recordings are stable. So with this I can rule out the OctopusNet tuner causing issues.

We ruled out the Kodi client and the PVR client earlier, because the issues also where there when I scheduled recordings that were handled by the TV Server on my synology. So it was the combination of Synology with the TV Server software.

On the Synology I disabled all packages except for the DVBLink TV Server package, but that didn't solve the issue. I had one test recording that gave errors for more than an our and I suspect it has something todo with the ffmpeg used or something. And maybe in combination with the lastest DSM version I'm running.

I'm hoping we can track the problem on the Synology because that is how I want to use it. I don't want to use a Windows PC as TV server.
GuiltyNL

Postby GuiltyNL » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:08 pm

Still testing, but I think my issue is because of Jumbo Frames on my NIC, same as here:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=27516&p=90252&hilit=jumbo+frames#p90252

I've disabled it now and I'm testing again.
GuiltyNL

Postby GuiltyNL » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Unfortunately disabling Jumbo Frames did not solve my issue.

I'm changing to a windows DVBLink solution. I'm done with it.
GuiltyNL

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon