Beta (Windows): DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: Beta (Windows): DVBLink PVR Addon for Kodi 16

Postby Atreyu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 am

Nice!
Haven't found any other issues in this beta build, so with this commit i'd say it's ready for use ;-)
Atreyu

Postby Videonisse » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 am

Is there any difference of the beta 1.11.7 and 2.0.0 plugin? If yes, could you share a zip of the new version (for Windows)?
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby Oberon » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Videonisse wrote:Is there any difference of the beta 1.11.7 and 2.0.0 plugin? If yes, could you share a zip of the new version (for Windows)?

No. they are the same.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:53 pm

I had some time to test on Windows, Jarvis Beta3 with the Dvblink PVRAddon marked as 2.0.0 and can confirm the issue still persists.
New series recording will have a parent date of 1-1-1970.

Now that I think of it, I think what would actually be the 'proper' time would be the start of the next recording in the tree (as opposed to static original creation time stamp).
I don't know what that would mean, code-wise, though.. :)
Atreyu

Postby emacholden » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:42 pm

I have setup the latest beta of Kodi and this PVR Add on, but not sure I have something setup right..

When selecting a programme from the guide to record, I don't get any options, it just automatically sets a single recording, rather than a series type recording.

Have I got something wrong somewhere or can you not setup a series recording via this Add-on?

Thanks
emacholden

Postby Oberon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:50 pm

emacholden wrote:I have setup the latest beta of Kodi and this PVR Add on, but not sure I have something setup right..

When selecting a programme from the guide to record, I don't get any options, it just automatically sets a single recording, rather than a series type recording.

Have I got something wrong somewhere or can you not setup a series recording via this Add-on?

Thanks

Info button -> menu -> Add timer
Oberon

Postby emacholden » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Oberon wrote:
emacholden wrote:I have setup the latest beta of Kodi and this PVR Add on, but not sure I have something setup right..

Thanks

Info button -> menu -> Add timer

:oops:

Thanks for the quick reply, I should have found that. :oops:

I have changed the TV guide setting in Kodi setup, to show the context menu as the default select action, that way I can't miss it :lol:

Thanks again
emacholden

Postby ashley » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:10 am

On an Nvidia shield running Kodi 16 nightly (latest 20151213 arm version. TV stopped working.
If I start Kodi, IO get the "loading channels from clients" pop up for a second or two and then the main screen doesn't show the TV tab anymore.
When I look at the dvblink plugin it says 2.0.1. I believe this must have been a very recent push so I'm guessing this is where the issue lies.
Can someone else confirm this?
This has been working well for several weeks now until this.
I confirmed by the dvblink web interface that the channels themselves are working as expected.
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby Oberon » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:13 am

ashley wrote:On an Nvidia shield running Kodi 16 nightly (latest 20151213 arm version. TV stopped working.
If I start Kodi, IO get the "loading channels from clients" pop up for a second or two and then the main screen doesn't show the TV tab anymore.
When I look at the dvblink plugin it says 2.0.1. I believe this must have been a very recent push so I'm guessing this is where the issue lies.
Can someone else confirm this?
This has been working well for several weeks now until this.
I confirmed by the dvblink web interface that the channels themselves are working as expected.

Did it work in your case with 2.0.0?
I have looked at the changes between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 and they are only translations.
Oberon

Postby ashley » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:23 am

ah. I went into TV settings then "clear data" - now everything is working as expected again. phew!
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby Atreyu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello Oberon,

The timestamp issue is still not resolved.
I followed the discussion about this on kodi.tv, and the conclusion there is, it's not a kodi issue.

This seemed to be backed by the fact that other pvr addons do not have this issue.

Is there any hope for a fix on this in the new addon version? As it is now, its a bit of a regression compared to the pvr version in 15 and earlier, as next scheduled recordings are more obscured.

Thanks
Atreyu

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:49 pm

There is no fix planned on our side at the moment. What should we put there? The time/date of the original EPG item? Or the the first next timer? It does not make sense at that level. There should be some kind of generic description there.
Oberon

Postby Atreyu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm

Well, actually either one would be an improvement.
Timer/date when the epg was set might be the easiest :-)

While i agree with you on the fact that on this level, a description would be sufficient, this will still result in the next scheduled program(s) not be easily visible.

I have tested version 17 though, where this seemed to have been solved by adding an extra 'scheduled timers' category.
Also, the 'status' colomn in the alpha version now shows 'scheduled' on the first timers screen instead of the default 'enabled'. This solves that problem. The v16 version doesn't show this behaviour.
Atreyu

Postby Atreyu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Here it is being discussed at kodi.tv, for reference see:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258705
Atreyu

Postby Atreyu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 am

Such a pity that no further work on the addon for Jarvis seems to be planned, as this version lacks the possibility to see scheduled recordings in a convenient way like previous versions. Anyway:
The new API for Krypton (17) are merged in the meantime.
Please make sure that the DVBLogic PVR addon is updated to reflect this issue (like i said Krypton at least has a extra Timer category on the homescreen).

I am posting here since dvblogic pvr addon seems to be the last one to be updated (not updated yet).
What is planned for Krypton?

"
Just to let you know, PVR API 5.0.0 PR got merged yesterday. All addons excpet pvr.dvblink and pvr.dvbviewer are updated to at least not to break. Ofc it is up to the single addon maintainers now to leverage the new features if they like (e.g. async epg data transfer callback, connection state change callback). For pvr.dvbviewer and pvr.dvblink I will open API 5.0.0 PRs as soon as the maintainers of these addons have implemented API 4.2.0."
Atreyu

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon