Synchronizing problems and some other xbmc-questions

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Synchronizing problems and some other xbmc-questions

Postby Mad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm still testing my DVBLink-Test-Installation [1] on a Windows-Server and have some issues:
1.) When I show a recording from ProSieben (for example The BigBang Theory) and the recording switches from the series to the commercials, the video and audio de-synchronizes. For example: Shortly before the ads begin the video is going faster and the audio is off, so I don't understand the series shortly before the commercials begin.
2.) The top of the recordings and the live-tv jitters. I think its not a client problem, because I watched yesterday a recording on my laptop and there was the same problem, but I started it from my servers filesystem. But on my 50" TV its a greater problem than on the laptop.
3.) I deactivated the info screens, but still get some with information "recording xy deleted". Are this changes in the recording schedules or does the server really delete recordings?

I hope you can give me some tips how to solve these problems. I will later on today update the PVR client to the newest one available here, but I didn't find a hint on my problems on the release informations, so I believe they are still existing after the update.

TIA & Greetings

Martin

[1] Win7 64bit, DVBLink-Server 5.1.0, DVBLink TV-Source, Connect-Server and as client a Raspi2 with OpenElec 5.0.3 and DVBLink-PVR-Client from the repository, source is a GSS Sat>IP-Box.
Mad

Re: Synchronizing problems and some other xbmc-questions

Postby the_man » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 am

Mad wrote:2.) The top of the recordings and the live-tv jitters. I think its not a client problem, because I watched yesterday a recording on my laptop and there was the same problem, but I started it from my servers filesystem. But on my 50" TV its a greater problem than on the laptop.
3.) I deactivated the info screens, but still get some with information "recording xy deleted". Are this changes in the recording schedules or does the server really delete recordings?

The jitters and pixelization often happens because of bad cable (or very long cable and the signal is weak) or connectors issue.
Also go to Monitoring tab and look Is there some error or discontinuity count at time when Live TV picture issue happens
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon