Streams stutter / have artifacts in WMC

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Streams stutter / have artifacts in WMC

Postby bmilner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:38 pm

I've recently tried to setup DVBLogic using the IPTV add in to get my IPTV channels into Windows Media Center. I've succeeded in getting the channels into WMC and the guide to appear (even though I have some listings that are off by a few hours - topic for another thread though). However, I have some channels, not all, in WMC that appear to stutter and have digital artifacts that badly obscure the video for that channel. For example, I can play CNN just fine inside the DVBLogic player - looks fine and sounds fine. When I try to play it in WMC though the picture is mostly black with some visible portions of the screen and the audio will skip between short segments of it. I have videos of both behaviours that I can post if helpful. This board doesn't seem to want videos uploaded though so I'll need to put them on Youtube and link them if they are needed. I'll try and include screen shots below to show what I'm talking about though for reference.

I'v tried to adjust the buffering from 2 to 8 but that made no difference. I've also tried several fixes to try and address any potential issues with Playready but those have had no effect as well. Open to trying any suggestions and would be glad to gather and post any logs as well if that would help. Obviously this is a major roadblock to using this product.

WMC.JPG
Windows Media Center Image
WMC.JPG (41.08 KiB) Viewed 783 times

DVBPlayer.JPG
DVBPlayer Image
DVBPlayer.JPG (86.63 KiB) Viewed 783 times
bmilner

Re: Streams stutter / have artifacts in WMC

Postby bmilner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 pm

BTW, the error I see in the log says:

"2017-Oct-20 14:49:10: [I] http_comm_handler::ReadRequestResponse. InternetReadFile has returned with error 12017"

I don't really know what that means or how to fix it.
bmilner

Return to Windows MediaCenter