Recordings not showing up in networked WMC

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Recordings not showing up in networked WMC

Postby TimK » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi,

I'm trying out the DVBLink TV Source trial, Server and Client software on my WMC machines. So far it seems to be a very robust solution to streaming WMC.

I have one issue though. On my main machine I have recordings that I initiated from the WMC EPG guide on the server machine, and in the DVBLink WMC extras library settings the machine is set as the default recording device. Recording works fine, however, on the client machine, which Live TV is being streamed to perfectly, there are no recordings showing up. I can access them from that machine by browsing the network share to Recorded TV on the client machine, but it would be nice to have the recordings show up in the WMC interface on the client machine.

I found the suggestion on the forum to set the recorder to be mc_recorder, but this didn't help, so I changed it back to default.

Please can anyone advise whether I should be able to see recordings saved on my main (server) machine in the WMC running on my client machine, and if so could you help me get it working?

Many thanks for any help,
Tim
TimK

Re: Recordings not showing up in networked WMC

Postby the_man » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am

As i know the only way to get recordings on all available clients, it is set the recordings via dvblink web client.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Re: Recordings not showing up in networked WMC

Postby TimK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks for the tip. I was happy in the end browsing to the Recorded TV folder on the server machine over the network and accessing the recordings from there.
TimK

Return to Windows MediaCenter