Unable to see arranged channel list on Server Media CenterPC

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Unable to see arranged channel list on Server Media CenterPC

Postby GarethNorth » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi,

I have been using DVB Link now for about a year and a half. My setup was Windows 10 basic version no updates, as that was the only way I got my xbox's working as media center extenders following advice on the my digital life forum.

It worked great like that but I recently decided to ditch the xbox extenders and configure Intel NUC's like extenders running Media Center and DVB Link Network client. I also decided to upgrade my main PC (the one with the TV tuner cards in) from Windows 10 to Windows 10 Aniversary update and grab all updates now I'm not held back by the extenders being killed by windowsupdate. While doing all these changes I installed / bought the 6.0 dvblink upgrade and did a full retune of all my channel sources! Got them all how I like them merged and ordered and with correct guide info only took me a day!

Used the DVB viewer to check I had the channel lineup how I liked it before going through the Live TV setup in Media center on the NUC's where I pick the 8 DVB Link Virtual Tuner cards. At the stage where it was searching for channels it found 119 channels in the correct order and after a sync got all guide data great! Repeated on the other NUC the same.

Came to do it on the actual main desktop containing the tuner cards and the DVB Link software but it found 388 channels. Rebooted cleard out media center database to force live tv setup afresh and same again.

It seems the DVB Link network clients on the NUCS see the arranged list of channels I want but the desktop see all the channels ever discovered in no particular order.

This is really weird! Anyone else had this issue?

Best Regards

Gareth
GarethNorth

Re: Unable to see arranged channel list on Server Media Cent

Postby the_man » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:58 am

Your description makes me think that you have added and/or scanned not only the dvblink virtual tuners and available channels. You see if on the dvblink you do have only 119 channels - then in the WMC after the scan/sync you will get 119 channels no more. Also it could be mess in the WMC database - but you said that you have removed the old one, so it is not the issue on my point of view.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Re: Unable to see arranged channel list on Server Media Cent

Postby rrmo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi there

I see a different issue but similar pattern on my installation (Win10, DVBLink TVSource 6.0):
  • I changed some channel names in the Web GUI to distinguish equally named channels from DVB-S2 and DVB-C source
  • Those changes are persisted in the Web GUI and visible on various network clients
  • Changes are NOT visible on the central WMC which runs with DVBLink Server on the same machine

what I tried to get the changes pushed to WMC:
  • deleted and re-scanned channels in MCE
  • stopped and restarted dvblink_server Service
  • deleted the MCE database and re-run the complete Live TV setup
  • rebooted the machine

I noticed that the file dvblink_channel_storage.xml which lists all channels does not get updated upon saving changes in the Web GUI...
would that be the source to parse channels names to MCE on a local DVBLink installation?

----------------------------------
Edit: Seeing changes in this file now, either it was updated with delay or I overlooked the changes before;
however MCE won't still update it's channel names upon re-scanning-
----------------------------------

Rob
rrmo

Return to Windows MediaCenter