Windows Media Center / DVBLink 2.x HauppaugeWinTVNovaHDS2

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Windows Media Center / DVBLink 2.x HauppaugeWinTVNovaHDS2

Postby masonstorm1979 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 am

Recently switched over to this new tuner card in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I previously used PCI WinTV Nova-HDS2 cards without issue. When using TVSource I am unable to scan all transponders and in some cases the wrong channels appear???? I am running a legacy flavour of TVSource 2.X as it just works and has a proper GUI to administer channels from. I know my setup is fine as I have a Sky HD box and using the manual scanning facility I can successfully scan the problem transponders.

Could this be driver related?

Has anyone come across this at any point the same or similar behaviour? Oberon you normally resolve this type of issue quickly please please help me with this one. I am at work at the minute but I can upload any logs etc tonight to show the issues. I have also reproduced this issue on a spare PC I had just to prove it wasn't an OS issue by completing a clean build.

Just to confirm I am well schooled in Hauppauge kit and Windows Media Center as I have been using it pretty much from day one and it is the dogs dangles :)
masonstorm1979

Re: Windows Media Center / DVBLink 2.x HauppaugeWinTVNovaHDS

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 pm

I am sorry to say that we will not be able to support you on dvblink v2 issues.
Oberon

Re: Windows Media Center / DVBLink 2.x HauppaugeWinTVNovaHDS

Postby masonstorm1979 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Can you just give me a steer on this though Oberon? The application has always worked absolutely perfectly and I have no need to change it just want a steer on where the issue is likely to be. I am already looking at the tuner driver do you think this is the best place?

I did look at upgrading a while back but it was chargeable and I had now real justification to do so.
masonstorm1979

Return to Windows MediaCenter