Unable to watch encrypted channels

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Unable to watch encrypted channels

Postby czobi » Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi

I recently bought an USB DVB-T tuner with integrated Conax reader (http://alcordigital.com/product/alcor_dtv_conax_alcor_dtv_conax_dvb_t_receiver) which came with a subscription card to access encrypted channels in Hungary. It works well with WMC in native. I'd like to use it with dvblink, so installed and configured the server without any problems to a Win7 pc, and also set WMC. But I can watch only FTA channels, others get empty screen, sometimes Playready update error.

My question is simple: is there any way to watch encrypted channels with this configuration or what is the recommended way to access these channels with dvblink? I'd like to use great dvblink features.

Note: the USB tuner can be seen in device manager as EyeTV One.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
czobi

Re: Unable to watch encrypted channels

Postby the_man » Mon May 25, 2015 9:41 am

I do not sure if this combination works with dvblink at all.
Can you,please, set log level to extended info, restart dvblink server, reproduce the issue and attach zipped log file here?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby czobi » Mon May 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Ok, i attached it. I set extended info logging, restarted the dvblink server and using wmc tuned to an fta channel (RTL Klub) first then to an encrypted one (Film+). Both are on the same transponder (786MHz). I got a black screen in the latter case.

In tv-source configuration, channel list view, if i click to an encrypted channel and then to the "info" icon, the CA System, ECM Pid and a check box is shown in Channel Info area (for Film+: Conax (0B00), 07F7, unchecked). I didn't find any info about the meaning of these data. I also tried to click on this check box and save, but no change.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150525-1912.zip
(44.68 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
czobi

Postby czobi » Tue May 26, 2015 10:46 am

More information if it may help. I installed dvbclient to a win8.1 machine with wmc. Almost the same behaviour, but now if switch to an encrypted channel it won't play and after several seconds the Update Playready message appears. But clicking to the Update button it is failed and never succeeded after several tries. I know that in this forum a lot of playready update issues discussed but i haven't find any solution yet.
czobi

Postby Oberon » Tue May 26, 2015 11:18 am

Unfortunately we do not have access to the CI module control functions of the EyeTV tuners. So this combination - EyeTV tuner with CI and DVBLink - will not play your encrypted channels.
Oberon

Postby czobi » Tue May 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've read on a topic that you are not planning to support EyeTV tuners. Is it really true? Then how can i achieve my goals? Is it possible to use an external CI module (e.g. Octopus Single/Twin CI) with my usb tuner? Or completely replace it with a supported one? I bought my tuner because it is guaranteed to work with terrestrial tv in Hungary. But unfortunately you don't support it. Though i can keep my subscription card and replace the hardware, but how can i ensure it will work? I am new with dvblink and realized it is a really great platform, so i don't want to forget it.

So what hardware do you recommend?
czobi

Postby the_man » Tue May 26, 2015 3:30 pm

I have no experience work with external CI modules, so i cann't say anything exactly.
From wiki:
External CI module assignment. External are those CI modules, which are not connected explicitly to a tuner. Examples of such external CI modules are Hauppauge WinTv CI and DigitalDevices CI4All modules.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/TVSo ... r_settings
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to Windows MediaCenter