Losing channels when updating EPG

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Losing channels when updating EPG

Postby Foxbat » Wed May 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi

Have been using dvblogic 3.2.2 for years without problems. And have now updated the hardware and also dvblogic to 5.1.

But when the EPG is updated the channels are lost and have to setup tv-signal from scratch in WMC.

I am running windows 7 32-bit. The epg is downloaded as a XML and imported into WMC with Big Screen EPG - gives me the correct episode and season, and also channel icons inside the guide in WMC.

I can't get dvblogic to work with my XML file, and the solutions where is get some data into the Guide the episode number is a part of the title - make it impossible to record all episode automatic.

How do I prevent that the channels is lost when updating the EPG data, the only part that have been changed is the dvblogic version. It would be fine to go back to the 3.2.2 version - but I can't get a license code for my new hardware.

Thanks

Regards
Foxbat

Re: Losing channels when updating EPG

Postby the_man » Thu May 21, 2015 11:07 am

Do not worry, i think all will work.
First of all:
- haw did you do update of dvblink server? (i mean it's fresh installation or just update from V3.x )
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... DVBLink_v5
- if it's fresh installation, then set log level to info, restart dvblink server, wait a 15 minutes and attach zipped log file here.
- Also can you check out EPG Data are present in dvblink web-client ("TV And Media Library" tab)?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Foxbat » Thu May 21, 2015 7:14 pm

It is new hardware - but I did install the 3.2.2, but never got to set it up. I realized that there was a new version, so I uninstalled and installed the 5.1 and did the setup directly in the 5.1.

It just cleared all EPG data, but kept the channels - when I rebootet for restarting the service... So the log file will properly show that I am setting everything up in Windows Media Center.

Please find the log file attached.

The TV and Media tab is just showing a web page with a DVBLink Connect Server product to 26 Euro.... so I am not sure what you expect me to see there.

Thanks
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150521-2005.zip
(15.13 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Foxbat

Postby the_man » Fri May 22, 2015 8:54 am

Can you please attach there XMLTV file which you use, or link on this file. I'll check in on my system.
And as i understand, you do not use dvblink connect server, to be able watch TV on any of dvblink clients.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/DVBL ... er_clients
Also sometimes happen issues with MC database
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... r_database
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Foxbat » Fri May 22, 2015 11:11 am

Hi

Thanks for you help.

I have attached the XML file, the file was to big - so I have deleted some programs. But you can see how it is looking.

I have all dvblogic to run on one machine, and it is also the Windows Media Center.

I use "Big Screen EPG" to get the data into Windows Media Center.

Link to "Big Screen EPG" - http://bigscreenglobal.com/bgproduct.aspx?PID=BSEV1

In Windows Media Center I set which epg data there is connected to what channel.

Everything was working on my old HTPC machine using dvblogic 3.2.2 and the same version of Big Screen Epg.

I have also tried to setup that dvblogic is reading the XML directly, but it just gives a warning that something isn't right.... ;-(

Hope this is helping you to find a solution - thanks

Regards
Attachments
EPGuide.zip
(230.04 KiB) Downloaded 1503 times
Foxbat

Postby the_man » Fri May 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Ok i have checked XML file and all work great. (Except that, not for all channels i've assigned EPG, EPG has appeared in guide)
so, let's go through all steps:
- you have upgraded your Hardware,
- then you've installed the new dvblink server,
- made new setup of TV Sources,
- added all you needed channels in DVBLInk web interface,
- then you configured new dvblink tuners in WMC
Am i right?
the_man

Postby Foxbat » Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 pm

the_man wrote: so, let's go through all steps:
- you have upgraded your Hardware,
- then you've installed the new dvblink server,
- made new setup of TV Sources,
- added all you needed channels in DVBLInk web interface,
- then you configured new dvblink tuners in WMC
Am i right?

Yeah - you are right.

Then is imported the xml with help of Big Screen EPG.

And in WMC under setting - edited each channel and connected to the correct EPG data.

After that the TV guide looks perfect in WMC, and I can watch and setup recording etc.

But next time the Big Screen EPG imports data, all the channels are deleted. And I have to setup TV-signal/tuners from new in WMC....
Foxbat

Postby Oberon » Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 pm

If I remember correctly you need to assign epg to None in dvblink config for those channels where you import epg with bse.
Oberon

Postby Foxbat » Sun May 24, 2015 12:18 pm

Oberon wrote:If I remember correctly you need to assign epg to None in dvblink config for those channels where you import epg with bse.

It is set to None - if not I don't get the right data.

The stream data I get when have it to Default, don't have proper episode description. The episode will be a part of the title make it impossible to record series (first episode will be "Name (1)" and the second "Name (2)".... :-(

That why it is important for my to get the correct data in, and don't get the EPG data reset every time the data have to be updated....

Thanks
Foxbat

Postby Foxbat » Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 pm

It have just updated and reset the EPG data - it look like the channels is working (I can still see the shows - just no EPG data).

It look like the dvdlink is synchronizing, and make all the channels to be the default dvblink name - and then WMC see it as a new channel (and don't connect the EPG data...)

Do you understand the above??

And is there a way to stop dvblink to synchronize the channels when there is no changes in the dvblogic settings??

Thanks
Foxbat

Postby Foxbat » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Bump - this is still a big problem. Any ideas of next step??

Thanks
Foxbat

Return to Windows MediaCenter