DVBLink for IPTV channels not syncing to WMC

Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

DVBLink for IPTV channels not syncing to WMC

Postby TOMillr » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm using DVBLink for IPTV on a system running Windows 8.1 x64. While I can get a preview in VLC of every single channel, they fail to sync with Windows Media Center running as a client on the same machine.

Already made sure that the DVBLink tuners are setup properly in WMC and tried clicking the "sync channels" option in the DVBLink menu a couple of times.
TOMillr

Re: DVBLink for IPTV channels not syncing to WMC

Postby Oberon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:46 pm

What do you mean exactly by "fail to sync"? Is there an error message?
Oberon

Postby mika-nt28 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 pm

I have a similar problem under Windows 8.1

When I want to go see a channel he asks me to do update PlayReady
mika-nt28

Postby huiskamer » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi,

I want to bump this topic, since I spent the past hours trying to solve this too. I have an AnySee TC30, Ziggo (NL) setup with DVBLink 4.6 with TVSource (no Connect! Server). I use WMC as the client installed on the same machine. This worked fine up to the Win8.1 update.

I have reconfigured TVSource with the Anysee, including the acamd plugin. I can get previews in the DVBLink config screens. I can install all 8 DVBLink tuners in MCE, but it won't find any channels. When I use the "Extras -> DVBLink Synchronize" app in WMC, I get the pop-up warning me that it'll take some minutes, but after that nothing happens. Downloading the guide won't help, searching for extra channels won't help, etc. If I go to the "Edit channels" page, I only see the DVBLink Demo channel there. The Windows firewall is disabled.

I downloaded the Guide Editor from 1geek1tool.com, and that only shows the demo channel as well. When I open the DVBLink menu in the Guide Editor, the pop-up shows no items, "synchronize" is greyed out.

Then I remembered my wife has a Win7 machine with WMC. I downloaded the DVBLink Network Client, configured it, went through the WMC wizzards and was watching tv!

One thing is weird - the tuner list in the WMC install wizard shows the normal eight DVBLink tuners as well as an "Analog" and "Digital" tuner. There are no other tuners installed in the machine - just the Anysee. The AnySee MCO converter is not running (otherwise that would show up as AnySee tuners in WMC).

I have no clues where to look further, any pointers would be appreciated.

best regards,
Michiel.
huiskamer

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:41 am

After you have upgraded to Win8.1 you need to install GA Rollup A update. Then it should start working.
Oberon

Postby huiskamer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, all updates were already present on my system (64-bits by the way); I have run Windows Update with all critical, recommended and available updates. I tried downloading and installing KB2883200 separately, but it returned "not applicable for your system".

In the meantime, I installed the Connect! server as a trial. Nice product, but it didn't solve my WMC issues. I plan to upgrade to v5, but I need to be sure that my setup will be working again.

Are there any log files that log the "Synchronize" activity performed by the DVDLink WMC plugin? Can it be some kind of rights issue?

Thanks, Michiel.
huiskamer

Return to Windows MediaCenter