Windows MediaCenter as a DVBLink client

Fresh win8.1

Postby sabl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 pm

No Channels found!!!

Sabl
sabl

Re: Win8.1 RTM: no channels are detected in WMC

Postby sabl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Is there any chanche with teamviewer or netviewer or anything else, if not i must kill my central Server concept

Sabl
sabl

Postby sabl » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:57 am

houers later:

Wen i use the System with 1 Tuner everything is OK
When i put a second tuner in the config nothing works (win 8.1)

Sabl
sabl

Postby ChileanLlama » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 am

I've now updated 6 WMC client machines, still got the TVServer to do.

- All of the machines had the GA rollup preinstalled
- 4 machines - Windows 8.1 upgraded and then ALL Windows Update patches applied. No channels found in WMC. Resolved through uninstalling the client, then manually removing the DVBLogic folder, followed by reinstalling the latest DVBLink client
- 1 machine worked fine for a few days and then lost all the channels despite tuners being visible. The loss of channels coincided with the installation of further Windows Update patches post 8.1 install. This was the last machine I did, and I've not reproduced it, but it seems like a post 8.1 Windows Update may be to blame. Fixed through uninstalling/reinstalling however.
ChileanLlama

Postby brenac » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 am

now that i have reinstalled the DVBserver, my kartina addon and my Tvsource, all is back. thanks.

however (and i am not sure where to post) when moving from a kartinaTV channel to a TVsource channel, dvblogic display into WMC: 'sorry all the tuners are busy with another application'

any idea ?
brenac

Postby Oberon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:44 am

brenac wrote:now that i have reinstalled the DVBserver, my kartina addon and my Tvsource, all is back. thanks.

however (and i am not sure where to post) when moving from a kartinaTV channel to a TVsource channel, dvblogic display into WMC: 'sorry all the tuners are busy with another application'

any idea ?

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=25723
Oberon

Postby lidgarden » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Installed win8.1 and everything woorked fine for a week or so. Then, out of the blue, all the channels are gone. And are very hard to get back... Tried everything in this thread. .log file says '[E] nb_client(X) - connect failed(Date/time)' over and over again. Can get tv thru web and win8 app ok. Have win8.1 on client and win7 on server. What to do next?
Server: Win7, Terratec S7×2
WMC: Win7, intel NUC
Android Tablet
lidgarden

Postby Oberon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 am

Do you have *.channel_data files in dvblink installation directory on client?
Can you ping server machine from the client?
Oberon

Postby OverTheAir » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

I've uninstalled, restarted, installed and restarted still no channels detected in WMC. I've run the DVBLinks Configurator in WMC to sync channels but still nothing shows up.

Attached is a zip file of my log files.

What next?

Thanks
Attachments
dvblink-log-20131118-0659.zip
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
OverTheAir

Postby lidgarden » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm

*.channel_data is present (2 files updates each time I start WMC). Ping answers normal. Still WMC says 'all channels lost...'. In client config tool all channels are present.
Android Tablet
lidgarden

Postby Oberon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 am

lidgarden wrote:*.channel_data is present (2 files updates each time I start WMC). Ping answers normal. Still WMC says 'all channels lost...'. In client config tool all channels are present.

I assume that you have configured all 8 DVBLInk tuners to be used in MCE, right?
Can you please try then going in MCE Settings -> TV -> Search for additional channels and do search?
Oberon

Postby Thasanders » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm

I experience the same problem. I've updated to Windows 8.1, everything worked fine for another week and suddenly WMC says 'No channels available. All chanels are removed from the guide...' This is on a PC running the DVBLink server and an IPTV client on the same machine. When I use my laptop with the same client to connect to the server everything works fine. Both the server-PC and the laptop are running Windows 8.1 with GA Rollup A.
Thasanders

Postby lidgarden » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:10 pm

After a few reinstalations of the client, resetings of WMC and restarts the channels finaly apeared in WMC-EPG. Then I got the 'playready'-error... Turned out that the first of my two turners didn't respond. After a restart of it everything is working. Question now is why my second turner didn't kick in? My first tuner is a S (FireDTV) and the second a S2 (Terratec S7). When the S tuner didn't work nothing worked. With it working the S2 channels are working. ??? Anyway, family happy again :D
Android Tablet
lidgarden

Previous

Return to Windows MediaCenter