Which files are regularly modified by dvblinkserver

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

Which files are regularly modified by dvblinkserver

Postby olmue » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:53 am

Raspberrys seemes to have problems with some write-processes, e.g. look at my thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=29335
In addition regularly write access limits the lifetime of the sdcard. I have heard, in some raspberry 24/7 use cases (not related to dvblink) the card must replaced 2-3 times per year.

Now my questions:
  • Can you give an overview, which files are modified by dvblink-server? With some background info? As I could use "timeshift_path" in the other thread, maybe there are possibilities for configuration? E.g. prevent unnecessary write-access or move to another disk by dvblink-config or mounting involved pathes or files to other disks if possible.
  • Maybe someone can help to find the modified files for myself. That would be useful not only for dvblink. I could see with iotop, which processes cause disk-i/o, but I didn't find out which files where modified. How can I find recently modified files on the whole raspian-system? With my beginner skills I couldn't find such files with the find-command for example.
olmue

Re: Which files are regularly modified by dvblinkserver

Postby Oberon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:04 am

If we are talking about modified files (write operation), there are only two of them:
- log file (you can disable it by setting log level to none)
- DVBLink recorder database (dlrecorder.db, modified at least once in 12 hours plus eventual recorder-related actions from users - set timer/delete, etc.)

Other than that there are no regularly modified files.
Oberon

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi