Merge Channels from Two Sources: TVHeadend & DVBlink Server

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

Merge Channels from Two Sources: TVHeadend & DVBlink Server

Postby razzandy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Only Just found/realized DVBLink Server can Run on the PI!! I came here after posting on the Kodi Forum. See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid1938564

As you will see I have a DVB-T2 Stick in my WHS 2011 served up by DVBLink Server and have configured my PI-2 running openELEC to use a DVB-T2 Stick via TVheadend. With both DVBlink and TVHeadend I get double the channels in Kodi so I need a way of merging them and assigning DVBLink as the default recorder or allow an option to select recording device at time of setting recording. I wonder if this could be done by using DVBLink 'Server' on the 'PI' instead of TVheadend? So there would be two DVBlink Servers running, one on my WHS 2011 and one on the PI. WHS for recording and PI for viewing live TV.

his would be the perfect setup as you get the best picture with fast channel changes together with all your recording stored on your server. All this without taxing your LAN! Who wouldn't want this setup? ;-)

My TV Sticks are PCTV 290e DVB-T2 and PCTV 292e DVB-T2

Hopefully somebody knows if this has already been done or knows sombody who may devlop an addon ;-)

Any help will be much appreciated :)

Cheers all
:mrgreen:
razzandy

Re: Merge Channels from Two Sources: TVHeadend & DVBlink Ser

Postby the_man » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:44 pm

For my own opinion, the best way is to use your PC as dvblink server and use RPI as Kodi dvblink pvr client
But to avoid doubling channels you can merge them on dvblink server http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... e_channels
or r simply create a second TV Source as slave, in this case all selected channels be merged automaticly
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... figuration

If i understand your question correctly.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby razzandy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi The_Man

I think you have indeed misunderstood me. I know about the Channel Merging within DVBLink Server and I used both methods while setting up dual tuners but I have removed one TV Stick and placed it on the RPI-2

I have one TV Stick in my Windows Home Server (DVBLink Server) and one in the RPI-2. Last night Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I configured the TV Stick in the RPI to use the TVHeadend Add-on by OpenELEC while leaving the the DVBLink configured within the RPI. This resulted in all the channels being duplicated. In basic form I want the TV Stick in the RPI for viewing Live TV and the Stick in the Windows Home Server (WHS) for recording all from the Kodi GUI.

I guess there needs to be a way of merging channels from multiple DVBlink Servers. I could run DVBLink Server on the RPI and the WHS and have one 'lets say WHS' Merge the channels from both server machines, the RPI and WHS.

So, live TV comes direct from within the PI instead of from a Stream over the LAN and recording would be as it currently is, within the home server.

RPI would be a server and client for viewing live TV and the WHS would only be a server for recording.

Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers
razzandy

Postby the_man » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Ok, Now i think i understand you. But unfortunately at the moment DVBLink server is not supported this feature (as i know, it is called Multiplexing architecture)
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby razzandy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Is there a chance this could be developed? I would pay for it and probably many others would to.

For now, if its possible, could I run two TV Sticks in the RPI-2 using DVBLink Server Software for the RPI while directing recordings to a share on my WHS? That's the RPI-2 is capable of recording to a LAN share without performance issues? Or I could Record Direct to the RPI then have an add-on Auto Move the Recording Over to the Server, that's if there is such an add-on?

If either of these can be done do I need any addition software in the RPI besides the DVBlink Server. I am asking if I need addition software in addition to the DVBlink Server because My WHS has the DVBlink Server, DVBLink Connect and DVBLink TVSource. All with Ver 5.1.0 Build 11073.

Thanks Again

Cheers

razzandy

Postby Videonisse » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Why do you need TVHeadend?
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Postby razzandy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 am

To provide a program to run the TV stick inserted into the RPI. Without it how could I use a TV stick in the RPI?
razzandy

Postby Videonisse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Isn't your DVB-T2 Stick directly supported by DVBLink TVSource?
Win 7 64-bit SP1, Intel i5-3570K 3,4GHz HD 4000 Graphics, 6GB, TBS 6984 S2 Quad,TBS 6280 T2 Dual
DVBLink 5.5.0 Connect & TVSource (mc_recorder), CD S Thor 0.8W,FTA Aastra 19.2E, S FTA T2, ACAMD 0.6.2
Clients iPhone 4S 5S 6S, iPad2 iOS 9,Win 7 PCs
Videonisse

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi