options forv ras pi2?

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

options forv ras pi2?

Postby ashley » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:51 am

Hi, I've just got 2 x ras pi 2s that have arrived.
My dvblink backend (along with Plex server) is windows based so that I can utilise oscam with my paytv subscription.
What options do I have for the ras pi2?
Is this lot feasible;
- OpenElec distro on the pi2.
- DVBLogic plugin for liveTV.
- Plex PHT as a Plex client (is this even available for Ras pi2 or is it just x86 linux builds?)
?

or because of my requirement around Plex, is rasplex a better way to go? Does dvblink plugin work with rasplex?

thanks!
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Re: options forv ras pi2?

Postby Chief » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Regarding the availability of Plex on the Pi2 - it is available as RasPlex and there is a Pi2 image. I just installed it and it works well. Runniing as a my head end - I have everything I want but live TV. I have DVBlink installed on a synology 415play - satisfied with that box as too. I would like to try the Plex DVBlink plugin but am a novice here. Can anyone offer some help and advice?

Thanks in advance
Chief

Postby adder » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Chief wrote:Regarding the availability of Plex on the Pi2 - it is available as RasPlex and there is a Pi2 image. I just installed it and it works well. Runniing as a my head end - I have everything I want but live TV. I have DVBlink installed on a synology 415play - satisfied with that box as too. I would like to try the Plex DVBlink plugin but am a novice here. Can anyone offer some help and advice?

Thanks in advance

If you've got a PI 2 why don't you run that as your DVB server AND your head end for live TV? AND your NAS lol
I've just set up a new PI 2 and been pleasantly surprised how easy it's been to set up for the server element as well as live tv. In XBMC I was scratching my head for a few mins but after I'd enabled the DVBLogic Add-on I just needed to enable Live TV and voila! I can only view the HD ones at the moment as you need an extra licence from the raspberry pi bods to get an mpeg2 licence but just checked and it's only £2.40....
adder

Postby Chief » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Adder,

Things have moved on a bit over the past couple of days. I've tried a few things but, for the moment I've settled on Ples as he solution. I've installed resplex on the PI2 - that's a nice solution for my home theater needs - the TV has a Plex client as does the PC and my android devices. I have a Plex server running on the NAS box. In essence, since my interest is in AV integration across various platforms (PC, tablet, TV) so I can access content around the house. I had started with tvheadend on the NAS but migrated to DVBlogic. It's a little fiddly to setup but I think I've got it the way I want it. I've installed the DVBlogic app on my tablet - that works like a champ. The live TV solution comes from a Plex plugin on the NAS that exposes live and recorded TV to the Plex clients. And so, in short, I have live and recored TV streamed over my home network to Plex devices. That works - it's a solution that works for me. Thanks for your comments

Al
Chief

Postby adder » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi Al
Sounds interesting, I've been using Plex server on this Windows workstation that is currently the dvblogic server and I'm now trying to phase out. I'm thinking I want to go to a Kodi based solution for front ends; had a hit n miss experience with dvblogic app on android tablets and I think I've decided I don't want to watch tv on a tablet now in any case lol
Have you implemented an EPG?
Cheers
adder

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi