EPG on PaspberryPi

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

Re: EPG on PaspberryPi

Postby adder » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Slightly confused as there appears to be a mixture of Russian, German and English going on in here :D
Does this xml source "http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/xmltv.xml.gz" work regardless of which language you are using?

Edit: Hehe my EPG sources have just filled up with loads of TV channels, some english, some Russian. I like watching Russia Today :wink: and it shows BBC one but I'm missing lots of UK info. Anybody got a good source for UK channels?
Edit again: This is really funny, the EPG program descriptions for BBC, Bloomberg and CNBC are in Russian and yet the ones for Russia Today are in English!!! :lol:
epg.png
epg.png (29.63 KiB) Viewed 3750 times
adder

Postby Oberon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 am

teleguide supplies information only for russian/ukrainian channels and because of that it is in russian/ukrainian language.
If you need UK specific program information I would recommend going with our DVBLink TV Adviser product.

And, last but not least, I would strongly recommend not to watch Russia Today at all if your consciousness is important for you.
Oberon

Postby adder » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:22 am

Oberon wrote:teleguide supplies information only for russian/ukrainian channels and because of that it is in russian/ukrainian language.
If you need UK specific program information I would recommend going with our DVBLink TV Adviser product.

And, last but not least, I would strongly recommend not to watch Russia Today at all if your consciousness is important for you.

lol ok I hear you but sometimes it's good to get the other person's perspective and some of the presenters are pretty hot :wink:
Re your TV Advisor product, sure you want to push a new product but as a few others have pointed on these forums, when we've been used to paying £2.99/annum for a digiguide subscription, the jump in the Advisor pricing is a bit hard to swallow.
You need to make sure you don't become like Sky who never give their existing customers any decent deals :x
Maybe have a marketing campaign where you discount the first years subs by 50%? Surely if it's as good a product as you suggest, once hooked we'll just keep renewing annually :)
adder

Previous

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi