dvblink_server crashes overnight

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

dvblink_server crashes overnight

Postby 0mathew0 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:11 am

Hi there!

I am using DVBLink with the Sundtek MediaPro III on a Raspberry Pi as a DVB-C Server.
Everything works fine (and a whole lot better than TVheadend!). There is only one problem, the dvblink service gets terminated overnight and i am not able to figure out why?? i can't find anything in the logs (neither dvblink log, nor /var/log). I am getting kinda frustrated. It only happens when i am not streaming to my client or accessing the web interface. Does anyone have a tip for me? attached you'll find my dvblink logs.. the last crash happend somewhere between 1:28 and 11:48 am today. I always have to manually start the service via console to work again.

I am a linux newbie, but i am learning fast :) please give me some advice.

edit:

Plattform:
Raspbmc
DVBlink 4.6.0 9733
Attachments
dvblink-log-20140509-1207.zip
(40.54 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
0mathew0

Re: dvblink_server crashes overnight

Postby Oberon » Sun May 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Unfortunately there are no evident reasons for a crash from the log.
Can you please remove xmltv source if you do not use it - it pollutes the log.
Also can you please examine dmesg output after crash happens again? There might be messages about low memory there.
Oberon

Postby 0mathew0 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:34 am

Ok, i disabled xmltv as you said for 3 days now.
Witnessed the last crash and immediatly checked dmesg. Nothing, not even the smallest hint.
As for now i am running the start2.sh script every minute as a cron to get the service running in case of a crash. I don't believe it's a memory problem, since the memory is never used above 30% (in sum) on my raspy.
dvblink_server consumes ~ 20% Memory, regardles of streaming SD, FullHD or being idle.
"gpu_mem = 96" is set since the install of dvblink

I've tried it with and without running XBMC paralell. No difference, crashed happen regardless of XBMC service running (idle) in paralell.

edit: i am running a cronjob now to start /dvblink/start2.sh every minute.. doesn't affect streaming or performance and starts the service if it's not running.
0mathew0

Postby rrraf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am

As for now i am running the start2.sh script every minute as a cron to get the service running in case of a crash

could you please share the code and installation procedure? i also have dvblink server crashing every now and then with no evidence in the logs. i have no idea how to implement such a script :?

many thanks :D
rrraf

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi