Can't stream from TV Server

Discuss DVBLink on Raspberry Pi platform here!

Can't stream from TV Server

Postby danisher » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 am

Hello

I've just acquired a PI and installed DVBLink Server and DVBLink for IPTV on it, both v. 4.6.0 build 9041. So far the web configuration works fine, and I have setup 126 channels added.

My problem is I cannot stream to any client so far. I've tried both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 clients, where they are both able to list the channels, but none can play.
Both clients give me an 1002 error, with invalid parameters.

What am I missing?

Setup:
Image: 2013-09-25-wheezy-raspbian
Playlist works in Windows Media Center 7 (The channels I'm testing, anyway :))
danisher

Re: Can't stream from TV Server

Postby Oberon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:26 am

When you say that playlist works in MCE - it works via DVBLink client I assume? Or in some other way?

In general you will not be able to watch TV on your Win mobile phone because DVBLink on raspberry platform does not support video transcoding. All other though clients should work.
Oberon

Postby danisher » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Yes, it is via DVBLink products that it works in MCE7.

So, why can't I make it work in Win8 client from store app?
Can I do a test in VLC or similar?
danisher

Postby Oberon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Win8 client from the store requires transcoded video stream. PC platform can do that, RPi - not.
VLC, MCE, Android/iOS DVBLink clients can play original (not transcoded) video stream, so for them it is not an issue.
Oberon

Postby danisher » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello again

I've just installed the IOS client and cannot play any channels - I only get a black screen..

The DVBLogic client gives me a list of all the channels and their EPG informaion, so I seem to be connecting to the server. First attempt at playing a channel and it asked me to install 8Player lite, which I allowed. Now, when I click a channel, I'm redirected to 8Player, where I only get a black screen with all the back, pause, forward, etc. buttons.

Any help?
danisher

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Raspberry Pi