DVBLink and Telestar Digibit R1 - send request failed

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

DVBLink and Telestar Digibit R1 - send request failed

Postby lenaboy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to configure DVBLink (5.5.0) on a QNAP TS-421 to work with a Telestar Digibit R1 Sat-over-IP receiver.

Good news: the setup works in general (= I can view live TV on all devices). Unfortunately, the viewing pleasure is rather limited: the stream stops after a while (same goes for recordings).

After investigating a little, it seems to me as if this behaviour is related to the Telestar's "RTSP Session Timeout Settings" - the stream stops exactly at the specified time (e.g., after 60 seconds when set to 60, after 5 minutes when the Telestar is set to 300). Looking at the DVBLink server log hints at a communication problem: with my limited understanding of the matter, I believe DVBLink tries to send a "keep alive" signal to the Telestar receiver, but the send request is apparently failing: "sat2ip_streamer::sat2ip_send_command. send_request failed" (see attached log). Subsequently, the Telestar receiver is stopping the stream thinking there are no clients being active. BTW, the behaviour is the same for all clients (VLC, Kodi or DVBLink App on an iPad).

Can anyone suggest a potential cause of the issue or even a solution? Is there a setting somewhere that I may have overlooked?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Lenaboy
Attachments
dvblink-log-20171024-1159.zip
DVB Logs
(147.34 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
QNAP TS-421
DVBLink Server 5.5
lenaboy

Re: DVBLink and Telestar Digibit R1 - send request failed

Postby lenaboy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:38 am

Riddle solved: updating the Telestar receiver with the latest firmware (http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=242) did the trick.
QNAP TS-421
DVBLink Server 5.5
lenaboy

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS