"Error getting transponder list: error" & server crashes

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

"Error getting transponder list: error" & server crashes

Postby newtoiptv » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:34 am

Dear support team,

after several hours of constantly failing at the same point when setting up my new TVButler DVB-T USB-Stick on my QNAP TS-531 (OS-Version 4.2.0 Build 20151118) I hope you can help me solving this problem.

I installed and registered DVBLink Server (Version 5.5.0 Build 12217) and DVBLink TVSource (Version 5.5.0 Build 12217) software. TVButler and antenna was connected to an USB2.0 Port of the QNAP TS before installing the software, as advised in your installation guide.
When entering the web administration on port 39876 the TVButler Stick gets recognized as available input source. So I add it as source, but whenever I try to search for channels the process aborts stating "Error getting transponder list: error".
Depending on the selected transponder file in the preceding selection dialog, sometimes a few channels are scanned until the process aborts, sometimes the process aborts without having scanned a single channel.
In every case the scanning process never ends successfully but always aborts, resulting in a complete software crash as it seems (web interface is no more accessible).
After restarting the DVBLink server software I can repeat the whole configuration attempt as often as I want, but will always fail at the same point.
I've created a custom transponder file only containing 9 frequencies, that's when the scanning process fails immediately with the first frequency. But as I mentioned the software crashes also when using any of your originally delivered transponder files.
The logs have been set to "information" and - together with the custom transponder file - have been attached to this post.

I hope you can help me with this problem soon, since this failure unfortunately makes your product completely unusable. If you need any further information please let me know where I can find it and I will be happy to send it to you.
Attachments
4008.ini.zip
Custom transponder file
(272 Bytes) Downloaded 149 times
dvblink-log-20151230-1935.zip
DVB logs
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
newtoiptv

Re: "Error getting transponder list: error" & server crashes

Postby the_man » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 am

Can you please, install the dvblink server on the PC and check the behaviour with TVButler and channels scanning there? In order to eliminate the TVButler issue.
Also have you tried to connect the stick into another USB port?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Re: "Error getting transponder list: error" & server crashes

Postby newtoiptv » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Thanks for your response.
I managed to solve the problem. The issue was that connecting TVButler Stick via an USB-Cat5e-Extender does NOT work unfortunately.

Since the QNAP NAS is located in a separate room with all the other noisy server and network equipment, I placed the USB antenna in another room and used one of the existing Cat5e cables and corresponding USB-Cat5e-Extenders to connect the antenna to the NAS. Apperently, scanning DVB-T channels does not work with this setup, eventhough regular USB devices work great throughout this connection and TVButler is also recognized (but scanning channels then fails).
I will find another way to cable the antenna over larger distances, thanks anyway for your fast response.
To avoid this mistake in future, I think it would be a good idea to mention this incompatibility in your wiki/documentation. I am pretty sure that I am not the only person looking for a way to extend the antenna cable, especially in the NAS environment. Furthermore it would be great if the whole server doesn't crash only because the scanning process fails ;)
newtoiptv

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS