HELP: vlc player

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

HELP: vlc player

Postby jazz12 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:00 am

please can some one help,
I have got the TV butler setup on my Qnap ts-851 and the Dvblink client setup, when I put the ip address into google chrome I get a list of all my channels but when I click on a channel it tells me I need to install VLC player on my computer I have installed the 32 & 64 bit version but I get nothing how do I fix this.
Also on my iPad I open up safari browser and put in the ip address and port number I get the list of all my channels ok but when I click a channel all I get is a black box and nothing plays at all.
Please can someone help as I just fell as I have wasted my money PLEASE HEEELP
Thank You.
jazz12

Re: HELP: vlc player

Postby the_man » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:45 am

Do not worry, i totally sure you did a wise deed that bought TVButler for DVBLink server.
To be able to watch non transcoded TV in the browser you need VLC plugin.
As for Google Chrome, it does not have VLC plugin, but in FireFox it is preinstalled, so you can watch Live TV there, just have to tick "do not show this message ..." on the hinting pop-up and click on the channel once more.

Also you can use any of DVBLink client (in local network or in external network ) to watch your TV and Recordings.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/DVBL ... er_clients

If you have any additional questions, you are welcome to ask them.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS