Change of recorder path

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

Change of recorder path

Postby asker » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello forum,

first of all: I'm a beginner in this topic.

What do I have:
1) a astra satellite 19.2E in the universe :-) (it's not mine)
2) a satellite dish on my roof which looks to the satellite.
3) a sat>ip receiver (Telestar R1)
With DVBViewer installed on my PCs all works fine in good quality

4) a QNAP NAS TS-420 (QTS 4.0.5)
5) DVBLink Server + TVSource (both 5.1.0) installed on the NAS

I know that the path of recordings can be set at dvblink web-interface -> TV and Media Library-> Settings ->Recorder -> Recording path.
The default is /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/DVBLinkTVServer/share/RecordedTV
It works fine but I would like to change it...

At QNAP control panel I created a new shared folder called "Recordings" at my single volume "Drive1" (There are two volumes installed at the NAS).
But which path to I have to enter at the dbvlink web interface that my new shared folder is used...

Can anyone help me please? :)

Kind regards,
Asker
asker

Re: Change of recorder path

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 pm

I do not work with qnap NASes, but i guess then you need to go to folder "Recordings" which you have created and in properties ( or so ) find "Location" or "Path" ( try to copy that path at dvblink web-interface -> TV and Media Library-> Settings ->Recorder -> Recording path )
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby asker » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Hello the_man,
thanks for your help. Sorry for the long delay of my answer, but many other things around me want my ressources :)

Perhaps it works... When I set the folder to /Recordings (as it it in properties field in the QNAP) I still can't record tv.

When I open the tab "scheduled recordings" in DVBLink I see a message at the top, that there are 0 Bytes free of 32.9 MB.
When I change the path back to the default path "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/DVBLinkTVServer/share/RecordedTV" then there are 1.5 TB free of 3.6TB.
This value seems right because I hve 2x 4TB DIscs in the NAS. (The other disc has 1 TB free)

I have no quota limits to the shared folders. Also guests and everyone has full access to /Recordings. By the way: which user writes the data of the recorded tv?

I would be glad if you or anyone can hlp me further. :) :) :)

Kind regards,
Asker
asker

Postby the_man » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:17 am

Also guests and everyone has full access to /Recordings. By the way: which user writes the data of the recorded tv?

Should be "Root" or "Owner" with RW permissions.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS