QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other questions?

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

Re: QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other question

Postby the_man » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

when I install the last one, and then open the configuration page, it says that no product is installed... I am testing with the 4.5x version.

if I understand you correctly, immediately after installing the server in the configuration, there is a hint about is not installed any product.
it's okay, you just need to install the TV source and refresh the page, this tip will disappear, but there will be other, about that no one of TV source is not configured. Try still install DVBLink V5.0

as for logfile it is not full, you must set log level to info.
I recommend to try again with installing and configuring the server but version 5.0
if something does not get this, please contact
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby DrJ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:52 am

Ok, then it is normal that I get the error of no product installed with the version 5?, ok, I will try it again this afternoon, and I will let you know how it goes...

Best regards.

the_man wrote:
when I install the last one, and then open the configuration page, it says that no product is installed... I am testing with the 4.5x version.

if I understand you correctly, immediately after installing the server in the configuration, there is a hint about is not installed any product.
it's okay, you just need to install the TV source and refresh the page, this tip will disappear, but there will be other, about that no one of TV source is not configured. Try still install DVBLink V5.0

as for logfile it is not full, you must set log level to info.
I recommend to try again with installing and configuring the server but version 5.0
if something does not get this, please contact
DrJ

Postby the_man » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:57 am

yes it's fine, it just prompts, that tell you what you need to do step by step
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby DrJ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 pm

OK, I have completed every step and it is working fine, the interface is not too good, but it is working, and I hace also forwarded the port so Ï am able to connected from the internet with my mobile. One question, I am using the public ip of the router to access, but if I reboot the router it will take another one, so how can I solve this?, I have read something about Dynamic DNS or something like that, can you lend me a hand?

One more, is there any posibility to change the folder in which dvblink records the video?.

And the last one, in case of purchasing, what do I need to buy?, what is the total price?

Best regards and thank you very much for everything.

P.S.: I have had problems with firefox, I needed to use IE to setup the sources and this things..

the_man wrote:yes it's fine, it just prompts, that tell you what you need to do step by step
DrJ

Postby the_man » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:16 am

One more, is there any posibility to change the folder in which dvblink records the video?

DVBLink Client - TV guide -> Settings -> Recorder -> Recording path
the_man

Postby DrJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you the_man, you are the boss....
One more, is it necessary to use an EPG Loader or with the TV source bought is enough to record tv programmes and see th standar EPG information?.

Best regards.

the_man wrote:
One more, is there any posibility to change the folder in which dvblink records the video?

DrJ

Postby the_man » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:22 pm

to be able to program the tv shows to record, you should be sufficient standard EPG that goes with the stream.
but additional EPG sources much more information about TV shows
the_man

Postby DrJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:09 pm

the_man wrote:to be able to program the tv shows to record, you should be sufficient standard EPG that goes with the stream.
but additional EPG sources much more information about TV shows

Epg loaders have additional information for Spain?, it seems that when you buy the tv source they let you choose a loader for free, which one do you recomienda?
Best regards.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:23 pm

No, we currently do not offer any epg loaders for Spain.
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 pm

I have seen the way to change the path for the recorded files, but the path is very strange, it has nothing to do with how I see it in File Station, I don´t know how to enter the right path...

About epg loaders, then I guess I don´t have to buy a loader, only the source, have I?

Best regards.

DrJ wrote:Thank you the_man, you are the boss....
One more, is it necessary to use an EPG Loader or with the TV source bought is enough to record tv programmes and see th standar EPG information?.

Best regards.

the_man wrote:

DrJ

Postby DrJ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello again. I have been using dvblink for some time and everything worked flawlessly, but today after trying to access dvblink from the android app, I have an error: general error.

So I went to my pc, and when I try to enter in TV guide page I get an "internal error" message and I am not able to fix it.

I have tested the TDT stick and it seems to work fine in another PC. I have also deleted the tv source and add it again, and it seems to do all the process well, it even finds the channels and all this.

But nothing seems to solve the problem.

Please tell me how can I solve it, I have bought the product and I am not able to use it.

Best regards and thank you in advance.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 am

Set log level to info, restart DVBLink package, try entering tv and media library page and attach zipped log files here.
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Here is the log file.

EDIT: I am afraid I can´t upload files here, I don´t know why...

I have done another test, I have enabled tv station and it works fine, so it seems to be some kind of problem within DVBLink.

I have an EPG Loader I installed to test, but it is now expired, and it seems that it is not needed for my country, but I don´t know how to uninstall it, maybe the problem comes because of it.....

Best regards.

EDIT2: OK, finally I was able to upload the logs. I hope you find some solution for my problem, it is a very important feature for me.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20140914-1540.zip
(36.67 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:18 am

Any idea of what can be happening?.

Best regards.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 pm

You recording database has become corrupt for one or another reason.
You need to repair the dlrecorder.db file as described here:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file

If it is too difficult for you - zip it, upload it to file sharing and post the download link here. We will repair it for you.
Oberon

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS