QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other questions?

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

Re: QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other question

Postby DrJ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:50 pm

OK, I will give it a try.

Will I loos the recordings I already have?.

How can the DB be corrupted?, maybe if I deleted some recordings from the file station, not from the dvblink itself, then the db gets corrupt?. Please tell me how can this happen in order to not do it again.

anyway, I am glad that it has a reason and its solution, I love this feature of my nas.

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: I have read th instructions, but something is not wuite clear, may I need to copy th current DB to my pc and execute these commands over it or the one I have right now is no longer useful?.

Best regards.

Oberon wrote:You recording database has become corrupt for one or another reason.
You need to repair the dlrecorder.db file as described here:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file

If it is too difficult for you - zip it, upload it to file sharing and post the download link here. We will repair it for you.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:06 pm

You will not loose your recordings when repairing the database file (well, it might happen theoretically, but I have not seen it in practice yet).
As for why it happened - difficult to say. For example NAS was rebooted accidentally without shutting down DVBLink server or DVBLink server crashed for some reason. It is not under your influence and should not happen under normal circumstances.
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:12 pm

OK,m I assume that I need to run the commands over my current dlrecorder.db file, don´t I?.

Best regards and thank you very much.

Oberon wrote:You will not loose your recordings when repairing the database file (well, it might happen theoretically, but I have not seen it in practice yet).
As for why it happened - difficult to say. For example NAS was rebooted accidentally without shutting down DVBLink server or DVBLink server crashed for some reason. It is not under your influence and should not happen under normal circumstances.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Yes, you need to repair your current dlrecorder.db.
Do not forget a) to make a copy of it and b) stop dvblink server before accessing it.
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:57 pm

OK, problem solved, dvblink working flawlessly again.

Thank you very much master.

Best regards.

DrJ wrote:OK,m I assume that I need to run the commands over my current dlrecorder.db file, don´t I?.

Oberon wrote:You will not loose your recordings when repairing the database file (well, it might happen theoretically, but I have not seen it in practice yet).
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Glad to help.
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:46 am

Well, yesterday I tried to access dvblink to delete some recordings, and I got an error of server not accesible. I went to the Pc and the same error.... So maybe the same database corruption problem has happen, How can I be sure that is the same problem?....

One mor thing, just to try, I updated the DVBLink app in my android mobile, and I see that the configuration page is completly different from the prior version, and I don´t see anyway to configure the 2 profiles. With the old one I hade a local profile to access dvblink from the local network, and an internet profile to accesss it from the internet. How can I get this with the new version of the app in android?

DrJ

Postby Oberon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am

For your first issue - please post here zipped log files. We need them to understand what the problem was/is.

As for the second - you can add two or even more servers to Android app with different settings (e.g. ip address, bitrate, transcoding etc.)
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:49 am

Oberon wrote:For your first issue - please post here zipped log files. We need them to understand what the problem was/is.

As for the second - you can add two or even more servers to Android app with different settings (e.g. ip address, bitrate, transcoding etc.)

OK, First of all, thenk you very much for the fast answer. Can you please tell me where I can find the log files?, I will upload the file as soon as I have it.

I have tried to do the reconstruction of database procedure, but it seems that it did not solve it.

One question, to access the dvblink from internet the port is the 8100 like from the local network, or do I have to use 39876, I lost all the configurations of the app when I updated it.... grrr.. I assume that I have to use the dns name of my qnap NAS instead of ip when using internet connection.

What is the user and password by default?

Best regards.
DrJ

Postby Oberon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:54 am

The log files are described here:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _log_files

For ports - it depends what you want to be able to over the internet. If streaming TV/recordings, then 8100/8101 should be opened (there are check boxes on the settings tab that will do it automatically for you). If you also would like to configure dvblink then 39876 should also be opened.

Defaults are
user: user
pswd: admin
Oberon

Postby DrJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 am

Oberon wrote:The log files are described here:

For ports - it depends what you want to be able to over the internet. If streaming TV/recordings, then 8100/8101 should be opened (there are check boxes on the settings tab that will do it automatically for you). If you also would like to configure dvblink then 39876 should also be opened.

Defaults are

I will try it this afternoon, but yesterday I was not even able to access the configuration page of dvblink, I will try it again with another computer, and if I can download the log files, I will uploaded them right away.

DrJ

Postby DrJ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 pm

DrJ wrote:
Oberon wrote:The log files are described here:

Defaults are

I will try it this afternoon, but yesterday I was not even able to access the configuration page of dvblink, I will try it again with another computer, and if I can download the log files, I will uploaded them right away.

Well, I think I found the problem, The only dvblink_configuration.xml file I have found is in the path:
/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/DVBLinkTVServer/config

I tried to open it wit vi to change the log level, and I found that it was empty, so I guess that this is why the app is not working. The date of the file is Jan 16th at 3:00, the time in which the NAs is programmed to shutdown everyday.

Is there a way to get a backup of the file, or maybe to recreate it without losing all the configuratino about channels, TDT tuner and recordings?....

Best regards and thank you very much for your support.
DrJ

Postby the_man » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:44 am

I guess the only way in such case is reinstalling of the server.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby DrJ » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:48 am

the_man wrote:I guess the only way in such case is reinstalling of the server.

I am afraid so. I have already uninstalled it and reinstalled it again, this afternoon I will go on throgh the whole process of configuration....

I don´t know how can these things happen, grrrrr...

Best regards and thank you in advance....
DrJ

Postby DrJ » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 am

Well, yesterday I was abvle to reinstall the app again, and it seems that it is working fine. I think I could have used a backup I have for the settings, but as I installed a newer version, I prefer to install it all from scratch....

Best regards and thank you very much for your help. Now th only thing is to hope that it doesn´t happen again....
DrJ

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS