QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other questions?

DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS is discussed here!

QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other questions?

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:18 am

Hello everyone. I have a recently bought Qnap TS 212p NAS and I have been using TV STation successfully with a Hauppage Nova T DVB usb tuner.
TV STation is fine, but I found out that it would be great to be able to see TV in an android device, and the most important, to be able to schedule recordings from an android mobile from the internet. These things can´t be done with TV Station, so that´s why I came to test dvblink. It seems that both things can be done with dvblink, so I started the installation, but I find it hard to setup everything....

I have installed dvblink, the last version gave me problems, once dvblinl server is installed in my NAS using the manual procedure, and it was installed correctly, but whn I open dvblink server to configure it, the page said that no products were installed. So I tried the prioer version, 4.x... and then the configuration page saw the dvblink server installation, so I went on with it... I then installed TVsources and EPG loader, and I activated trial versions for both of them...

My real configuration problem comes now, I don´t know what to do in the configuration pages of the TV source, and I don´t find any information or guide about it. I have tried to do som scan and things like that, but I get tuninf failed messages.

The VSource app seems to detect my tuner, because I see it in the list. I have selected the TV terrestrial for spain, but nothing seems to work.

Can you please confirm me that I will be able to shcedule recordings from the internet usin the mobile app, and if so, can you please give me the necesary configuration steps for tvsources?.

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.
DrJ

Re: QTS dvblink TV source setup procedure and other question

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 am

Do you see that instruction? if not, it must help you.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _or_higher

there are actually simple, you need to understand a little bit, but if there are any questions arise, please contact us we will investigate.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 am

and yet very important when you are working with dvblink you need to disable TV Station, otherwise scanning transponders will get tuning failed message
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 am

First of all, thank you very much for your fast answer. I will try this link, I didn´t find it when I first look for instructions....

Anyway, I think that the procedure is not exactly the same as in my case, when I add the TV source instance in my tuner, I don´t get the option to scan channels.... is strange, I will give it another try this afternoon....

Just to be sure that I don´t wast time stupidly, can you confirm me that I will be able to schedule recording tasks from my phone in the internet?. Because if I will not be able to do this, then I tis not worthy for me to try it harder, it is ok with TV station for me. And aboyt TV Station, it is necessary to disable TV Station in my nas in order to get dvblink working?.

Best regards.
EDIT: OK, you were faster than me telling me that TV Station needs to be off, I guess this is my main mistake, it was on when I tried the procedure, so I will test it with tv Station off, and it should work flawlessly....

the_man wrote:Do you see that instruction? if not, it must help you.
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _or_higher

there are actually simple, you need to understand a little bit, but if there are any questions arise, please contact us we will investigate.
DrJ

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 am

DrJ wrote:Just to be sure that I don´t wast time stupidly, can you confirm me that I will be able to schedule recording tasks from my phone in the internet?.

yes you can. you will need to install the DVBLink client 2.2 for android. you can fully manage your records,and schedule recording tasks

And aboyt TV Station, it is necessary to disable TV Station in my nas in order to get dvblink working?.

TV Station should be disabled , it can affect the performance tuner problemmy scanning may occur because of it
the_man

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 am

Perfect, just one more thing, what will I need to do to be able to access dvblink from the internet?, I guess I will have to setup something in my router, won´t I?.

Best regards, and again, thank you very much for your fast responses.

the_man wrote:
DrJ wrote:Just to be sure that I don´t wast time stupidly, can you confirm me that I will be able to schedule recording tasks from my phone in the internet?.

yes you can. you will need to install the DVBLink client 2.2 for android. you can fully manage your records,and schedule recording tasks

And aboyt TV Station, it is necessary to disable TV Station in my nas in order to get dvblink working?.

TV Station should be disabled , it can affect the performance tuner problemmy scanning may occur because of it
DrJ

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 am

to be able to access dvblink from the internet you need do this:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... forwarding
the_man

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 am

OK, thank you verymuch, I will try to do everything this afternoon, if I can get some time ;->.

Best regards and thank you very much.

the_man wrote:to be able to access dvblink from the internet you need do this:
DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:04 pm

I am afraid I failed the job, grrrr... when I disable TV Station the tuners disapear in the configuration web page of dvblink, so I am not able to set it up, snifff...

Any help about it?

Best regards.

DrJ wrote:OK, thank you verymuch, I will try to do everything this afternoon, if I can get some time ;->.

DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:08 pm

DrJ wrote:I am afraid I failed the job, grrrr... when I disable TV Station the tuners disapear in the configuration web page of dvblink, so I am not able to set it up, snifff... and with tv station enabled I get tuning failed...

Any help about it?

Best regards.

DrJ wrote:OK, thank you verymuch, I will try to do everything this afternoon, if I can get some time ;->.

DrJ

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Do you say that the tuner disappears in the TVSource list ?
Please set log level to info,reboot the NAS and attach zipped log files here.
to set log level ... http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _log_files
the_man

Postby the_man » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:59 pm

And one more thing. Look there if your tuner in the list of officially supported
http://dvblogic.com/en/software/qnap-ar ... -tvsource/
the_man

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes the tuner disapears from tv source when I set tv station.
Here you have the log.

Best regards.

the_man wrote:Do you say that the tuner disappears in the TVSource list ?
Please set log level to info,reboot the NAS and attach zipped log files here.
to set log level ... http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _log_files
Last edited by DrJ on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Yes, my tuner is in the list, is the nova-t and it works fine with tv station. It is strange, but in tv source 2 nova-t tuners apear, I don´t know wht, because I don´t remember that i had 2 tuners....

I think I read something about the same error as me that the tuners disappeared.
One mor thing, Why am I not able to install last version of DVBLink?, when I install the last one, and then open the configuration page, it says that no product is installed... I am testing with the 4.5x version.

Best regards.

the_man wrote:And one more thing. Look there if your tuner in the list of officially supported
http://dvblogic.com/en/software/qnap-ar ... -tvsource/
DrJ

Postby DrJ » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Sorry, I forgot to attach the file.

Best regards

It seems that I am not able to upload files in the forum with internet explorer, how rare...
Attachments
dvblink-log-20140701-2114.zip
(13.11 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
DrJ

Next

Return to DVBLink TV Server for QNAP NAS