To DVBLogic: Vertical Scrolling issue with TV Guide

DVBLink TV Server for ASUSTOR NAS is discussed here!

To DVBLogic: Vertical Scrolling issue with TV Guide

Postby CinemaPete » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:40 pm

This is a design issue for DBLogic and not directly related to any make or model NAS:

The TV Guide interface allows for horizontal and vertical scrolling within the Guide area window area; In that window area there are left and right markers one can click to move the Guide left or right (time period). However, there are no equivalent markers for vertical scrolling which presents a problem for some devices.

I have been testing the TV Guide on desktop computers and some tablet devices and vertical scrolling can be an issue on tablet devices.

Vertical scrolling of the TV Guide is easily done with a mouse that utilizes a wheel or by using the up/down arrows on a physical keyboard.

However, not all mice use a wheel and most virtual keyboards that appear on tablet devices do not have up or down arrows - and even if they did, when the virtual keyboard is in view it would obscure the TV Guide making it cumbersome to scroll vertically.

For example, I tested the TV Guide using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, and an Android based tablet, and the Guide works perfectly OK except that it's virtually impossible to scroll vertically on a touch screen because of the lack of vertical up/down tabs similar to the horizontal left/right tabs.

DVBLogic, how about putting some up/down tabs on the TV Guide Interface similar to the horizontal left/right so that vertical scrolling is as easily done as horizontal scrolling ?
CinemaPete

Re: To DVBLogic: Vertical Scrolling issue with TV Guide

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:47 pm

The vertical swipe movements should work just fine on the touch screens.
Oberon

Postby CinemaPete » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello Oberon:

As I mentioned, I tested it on a Surface Pro 3 as well as an Android based Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet and it does not scroll vertically.
CinemaPete

Postby the_man » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Check if the "Enable gesture control" is enabled at dvblink web-client (means TV And Media ...)-> settings -> general: "Enable gesture control"
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

What is the DVBLInk software version and build that you have installed?
Oberon

Postby CinemaPete » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:40 am

Yes, the Enable Gestures is set. The version of DVBLink TVSource is 5.5.0, build 11943.

As I've previously stated, I've tried it on an iPad II, and Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet, as well as a Micorosoft Surface Pro 3 with the same results on all of them - can't scroll vertically.

I'm also a developer, so from a design standpoint the interface should have vertical scroll tabs just as it has horizontal scroll tabs - this would eliminate the issue altoghther. Why have horizontal tabs which can be used with a mouse or touch screen and that does not depend on gestures, and not vertical tabs as well - makes no logical sense. Currently the interface depends on gestures for the vertical scrolling and it's not working or inconsistent/unreliable.

Also, I've noticed that the TVSource app seems to come up empty for programming in the Guide for some odd reason: For example, I'm using the TVSource app on the Austor NAS with the HDHome Run Connect box. I also have Windows Media Center running on a Windows 7 Pro PC and the guide there show current programming in the exact same day and time slots where the TVSource link comes up with "no program information available". Something is clearly wrong with the application that should be looked in to.
CinemaPete

Postby CinemaPete » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:23 am

I rebooted the NAS twice and it seems that the vertical scrolling now works, though poorly. In spite of this change, It would be nice to see vertical scroll tabs similar to the horizontal scroll tabs.

I'm still investigating why there is a channel loss after a certain time period and will report back here when I find out why.
CinemaPete

Return to DVBLink TV Server for ASUSTOR NAS