DVBLink TV Server and HDHomeRun Connect Problem

DVBLink TV Server for ASUSTOR NAS is discussed here!

DVBLink TV Server and HDHomeRun Connect Problem

Postby CinemaPete » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:17 pm

I have an Asustor AS5010T NAS, ADM version 2.5.0.RA73, bios version 1.37.

I also have the DVBLink TV Server, version 5.5.0.11998 (latest version) installed.

I have a HDHomeRun Connect box attached to my network.

I was advised that the dvbLink hardware device would not work with ATSC tuners (I am in the USA) and that the HDHomeRun box would be compatible with dvbLink TV Server and would provide the TV Signal Source.

I know the HDHomeRun Connect box works becuase I can configure it for Windows Media Center and it pulls it many channels and works perfectly fine.

However, when I go into the DVBLink TV Server app using the NAS two problems occur:

1) The first problem is that it takes forever for the dvbLink app to "work": I'm using the Firefox browser (most current version on Windows 7 Pro) and after clicking on the dvbLink app the browser tries to establish a connection then returs "Unable to connect". After about 2 to 4 minutes, all of a sudden the dvbLink TV app begins to "work" within Asustor NAS and I get the dvbLink screen that shows Products and over it the DVBLink Package Center window is showing.

2) The HDHomeRun Connect box is not detected as a TV Signal Source:

Under Installed Products it shows DVBLink Server version 5.5.0 build 11998 License status: Free.

On the DVBLink Package Center window it already comes up with three choices for the TV Signal Sources:

1) DVBLink TVSource
2) DVBLink for IPTV
3) DVBLink for Dreambox

However, there is nothing showing for HDHomeRun Connect.

Now it was my impresison that the HDHomeRun Connect box would be automatically detected on the network by the dvbLogic TV Server and become the TV Signal Source. But this does not seem to be the case.

So, the question is, do I need to intall any other DVBLink software to allow it to detect and us the HDHomeRun Connect box? If so what is it?
Is there a particular configuration required for the HDHomeRun Connect box to allow it to work with the DVBLogiv TV Server? If so what is it?

Would appreciate explicit instructions on how to get the HDHomeRun Connect to work.

Thanks much.

if I click on TV Signal Sources it shows three chilices
CinemaPete

Re: DVBLink TV Server and HDHomeRun Connect Problem

Postby knekkert » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 pm

You need to first install TVSource, then open TV source config. And hdhomerun tuners should be detected inside tvsource.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
knekkert

Postby CinemaPete » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:54 pm

Thanks knekkert for your reply:

I originally did install the TVSource but it did not work.

I retried installing it and was able to configure the channels, etc.

Seems to be working now..

Thanks much for your reply!
CinemaPete

Postby CinemaPete » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 am

Well, thanks to knekkert seems the HDHomeRun Connect is working and displaying channels via the Asustor NAS.

However, the DVBLink TV Server shows "No program information available" for every channel that it detected. This does not occur with Windows Media Center on Windows 7 - with Media Center the schedules are clearly shown with absolutely no issues.

So I am presuming this is a shortcoming of the DVBLink TV Server or TVSource program design?

So what's the story DVBLogic? Why doesn't the DVBLink TV Server not show program schedules ?

Thanks.
CinemaPete

Postby the_man » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:11 am

The EPG data should appear automaticly in 30 minutes after channels scanning, if server do not be busy with playing Live TV.
Also you can assign EPG data manually at Channels -> EPG Sources tab ( to open this tab you have to tick "Advanced mode" right-upper corner of interface, under Language settings )
Some tips for you:
http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... PG_sources
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby CinemaPete » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks the-man: The program guide started working about 1 hour after the channels were scanned. So all seems to be OK now.

Thanks for the info and the link !
CinemaPete

Return to DVBLink TV Server for ASUSTOR NAS