Request better scheduling

Write here about the features that you would like to have added to our products!

Request better scheduling

Postby TonVH » Fri May 13, 2016 6:36 pm

At the moment I only use a given string for scheduling. This is a rather very crude way to schedule since it will record everything it finds with that particular string.

I do not use the scheduling by selecting a channel since that is often too narrow. Broadcast time here (NL) are not so as in the US where everything is scheduled on the hour. Shows may be programmed at a complete different time.

Many scheduling problems would be solved if the "scheduling by string" could be enhanced for example by adding a channel at which it must be shown (but not a specific time!).
Or by adding a 2nd string depicting what substring show not appear in the show description. Example: record all shows with the text "andere tijden" but NOT while including the string "sport". This will record every show of "andere tijden" except when it is about "sport".

Off course there is much more possible wishes. But some more flexibility would be appreciated.
TonVH

Re: Request better scheduling

Postby beeswax » Fri May 13, 2016 6:59 pm

I agree with the principle of this, the scheduler could do with some more powerful filtering. For example, limiting a search-based timer to channels only allows you to specify 1 channel and it should allow multiple really. Instead of a drop down, have checkboxes for the channels so multiple can be selected. 'NOT'ing words as already suggested would be nice as would time restrictions e.g. only record between the hours of 19:00 and 22:00.
beeswax

Postby TonVH » Mon May 16, 2016 8:04 am

Since I probably need to fully replace EyeTV (it is becoming too limited) and DVBlink is too limited in scheduling I have been checking out MyTHTV & TVHeadend.

MythTV seems to have extensive scheduling ability. A pity I can't get it installed and fully working. TVHeadend I did get fully working.

In comparitiën to DVBlink I must say the installation was a hell but that done the scheduling options are really (near) perfect. See the attachment. Now I (personally) don't need all the options but it sure outgrows DVBlink and may be a reason to switch which would be a pity.

ScrnPrnt.721.png
ScrnPrnt.721.png (82.59 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
TonVH

Postby Oberon » Mon May 16, 2016 8:59 am

DVBLink partially does already what you are looking for.
If you start search string with # it looks only in the title (not win description, actors etc.).
If you put the search string in quotes ("), then exact match will be searched.
These two can also be combined.
Oberon

Postby TonVH » Mon May 16, 2016 9:05 am

That good to hear.

Where can I find that type of info. I tried the Wiki but maybe used the wrong words searching.
TonVH

Postby Oberon » Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 am

There is no info on this at the moment. It was added in the one of the last v5 builds. We will put an information bubble next to a search input string.
Search also ignores most of the non-alpha-numeric characters to make it easier.
Oberon

Postby TonVH » Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 am

One of the reasons for better scheduling is that here (Europe, Netherlands) programming (of shows) is not American style where (nearly) always a show is at the same time on the same channel.

Here showtimes vary from week to week. So one week the show starts at 23:07 then net week it might be 11:51. Add to that, the later in the evening the more the real time differs from planned time.

So hoping for more scheduling options. A lot would help if the present "add recording" window gave the option "starttime between xxx and yyy".
Also option to omit a channel (or selecting several) helps a lot.
TonVH

Postby Jake » Tue May 31, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm considering moving from Argus TV to DVBLink and one thing that I miss in DVBLink is a powerful scheduler like there is in Argus TV.

In Argus TV you don't have to be very specific at all. You can set what the name of the show is and optionally set which channels, which days and what time and it will do the rest.
You can also skip certain episodes in the schedule. You can do this in DVBLink as well but the difference is that in Argus TV it's still in the scheduled list but disabled. It's very easy to re-enable it if needed.

So I'm hoping the dev team will look into extending the scheduler.

Screenshot - 2016-05-31 , 15_55_29.png
Screenshot - 2016-05-31 , 15_55_29.png (74.8 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
Jake

Postby Caesium » Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

I'll just throw in a +1. I myself have moved from Argus to DVBLink and the scheduling I'm now having to get used to is very limited.

Even just "start between" would be a good addition, so I can set all my schedules to be say 7pm - 10pm; generally all my recordings fall into this timeslot and anything outside it (late at night, mid-morning, etc) is a repeat.
Caesium

Postby the_man » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Could be interesting for you:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31487
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Return to Feature requests