Tv-guide web interface request

Write here about the features that you would like to have added to our products!

Tv-guide web interface request

Postby FRnk » Fri May 23, 2014 4:11 pm

I've been running v5 for a week and a half now and I'm very content with it.
No problems whatsoever, just running steady on my synology with satellite and DVB tuners.

I think there's room for improvement of the web interface of the TV guide.
In the android app the vertical timeline is a superb feature, allowing at a glance to see what programs have just started, what programs are about to end soon, how long they are in total etc.
So without even having to read times/program titles I can already make a super-fast selection of which current programs are interesting or not, based on when they started.
(the android app would be even better if a bit of the program history (on the left side of the time line) was shown by default. After opening the android app I will now always scroll back to show some history.)

Compared to this, I find the web tv-guide not user friendly when I want to see what programs are currently showing.
Particularly confusing is that the horizontal time axis is not proportional around the current time, and there is no way to see (from the visual interface) how long ago a program started. When I start watching a program, it is useful to to know whether it started two minutes ago or thirty.
I think to have a vertical "current time" line here too, would make a significant improvement for the user, especially combined with showing the last 30 minutes or so of history on the time axis by default.

So I hope this feedback is useful to you, and keep up the good work!

Android; like this very much as default view:

Web guide in the browser. No history visible, time axis not proportionate:
FRnk

Return to Feature requests