DVBlogic versus EyeTV

Write here about the features that you would like to have added to our products!

DVBlogic versus EyeTV

Postby TonVH » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:51 am

Presently I am using EyeTV on my iMac. Used this for many years. It works fine except that Elgato is not very customer friendly. They explicitly do not support the use of more than 1 device which includes (example) HDHomerun. The 2 channel version of HDHR works fine but the 4 channel does not. Elgato has said they will not support it in the future. For Mac there are no real alternative beside EyeTV.

So that is my principal reason for checking out DVBlogic running on my NAS. And the experience looks good up to now. However there are a few bigger problems and I would like to know whether these can be solved.

1. The EPG that is in the web view is (i.m.o.) not really usable. The EPG as shown on the iPad is much better already. Important question is "Will there (when?) be a Webview of Mac App that gives at least a view like it is on the iPad?".

2 Scheduling is also very rudimentary. As far as I can see there is no option to schedule a program meaning I would like to watch every XYZ independent of when it is or which channel it is. (more selective option are appreciated)

If and when at least these 2 are solved then DVBlogic can be used as a full replacement for EyeTV.
TonVH

Re: DVBlogic versus EyeTV

Postby Oberon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 am

Both points are covered in DVBLink v5.
Oberon

Return to Feature requests