importing EPG data

DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS is discussed here!

importing EPG data

Postby a.appel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 pm

I got an independent EPG grabber, doing a fantastic job... Getting EPG data for 2 weeks. And although I got the data by hand (via Putty) in my DVBLinkServer, I would like to know how the process within DVBLink is going...

Lets say, I got a file with xmltv data: /var/grabber/.xmltv/data.xml
How do I get that in DVBLinkServer?

Within the tab "Sources", subtab "EPG source", you can define XMLTV sources and settings. The default map for xmltv files is "/var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv". Below that is the xmltv grabber configuration. My independent grabber runs once a day (or night I should say) and creates a new "/var/grabber/.xmltv/data.xml". Do I:
1. Copy the data.xml file to the DVBLinkServer xmltv directory, /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv?
2. Do I get the grabber to dump his data into the /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv directory? I found out that new added TV channels that were downloaded by the grabber were not visable after a new grabber run...
3. Do I set the directory where my xmltv file is located as an URL: "/var/grabber/.xmltv"?
4. Do I set the file, with the xmltv data, as a URL: "/var/grabber/.xmltv/data.xml"?

How does the DVBLinkServer EPG data retreval process look like?

Re: importing EPG data

Postby the_man » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

Your new files should be stored at the /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv/
And old files should be removed, then dvblink will make an update of all available xmltv file and import EPG data from them. By default it happens every 12 hours.
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...

Re: importing EPG data

Postby seuretl » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:24 pm

You could program a scheduled task on your synology like this:
Code: Select all
rm /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv/EPGdata.xml
curl -k http://[webpage...] -o /var/packages/DVBLinkServer/target/share/xmltv/EPGdata.xml

This should be enough: first, delete old files, then get the latest one from the website.
Do a test run with logging active, and go see the result where you choose to store the logs (the syno app "text editor" does perfectly the job).
I had the problem that some website ( uses a https protocol, with a certificate issued from, which is apparently not accepted.
Perhaps this is the cause why the xmltv plugin is not downloading any contents...

I suspect it is an issue for Synology (add a certificate as trusted ?)

Hope this helps,
Server1: Synology DS214play, DSM5.1, DVBLink Server 5.1.0 build11069
Tuner1: DigitalDevices Octopus 2*DVB-C/T/T2
Server2: Synology DS416play, DSM 6.1.3, DSM 6.0.0 (14499), IPTV 6.0.0 (13109), EPGLoader for 6.0.0 (12901)

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS