How to Force EPG Update

DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS is discussed here!

How to Force EPG Update

Postby rmayergfx » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello,

Updated to Release 11035 Server and TV Source.
Need to Restart my Synology DS412+ with DSM 5.1-5022 Update 1,
otherwise DVBLink shows to me not device :(

After reboot the EPG Data was empty, need to rescan all channels to get valid Data.

2 days later now the system shows on a few channels unknown Data.
Please add a Button on "DVBLink Client - TV guide" view for easy epg rescan all
channels or selected channels to immediately update the missing data.

i have at this time the view "unknown" at German Channel "Das Erste" and don´t know how to
delete and force to update the missing/corrupt data for the system!

thank yo

Ralf
rmayergfx

Re: How to Force EPG Update

Postby Oberon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:50 pm

What is the client where you see unknowns for EPG data? Is it web interface?
For how long in advance do you have EPG data on those problematic channels?
Oberon

Postby rmayergfx » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 am

Hello,

>What is the client where you see unknowns for EPG data? Is it web interface?
Yes it is not shown in the webinterface F5 or reload does not fix this

>For how long in advance do you have EPG data on those problematic channels?
don´t know what you asking me about, the complete channel has no data, not in the past not in the future, only "unknown" is displayed

thx

Ralf
rmayergfx

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:04 am

I mean - when data is present on the problematic channel(s) - for how long in the future is it? 12 hours? a day? several days?
Oberon

Postby Nutcase » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:17 am

I don´t mean to highjack this thread. But I have sort of the same problem.

My setup is the following:

Synology DS1511+ Running DSM: 5.1-5022 Update 1.
Dvblogic server 5.0.0 Build 10250
Tvsource 5.0.0 Build 10285 (Currently trial license)
HDRHomerun 12214D91 (DVB-C)

My cable tv-provider sends out EPG data for the next 6 days.
On my tv and dedicated HDD-Recorder (Panasonic) I can see EPG data for the next 4 days without hassle.

The setup works, I can record without problems.
But the EPG guide overview from DVBlogic, shows data for many channels, but out of 27 channels there is 8 channels showing "unknown" for all days. And EPG data can be seen on my TV or Panasonic boxs. I tried to change the EPG data setting in "Channels" tab => "EPG sources" from "all categories" to EIT, but the setting changed back.
The EPG data is not shown either in the webpage (using a pc) or on my tablet using the DVBlogic application.

This is the only current problem that is currently stopping me from buying a license.
I know the data is in my signal, but it does not show :(

/Nutcase
Nutcase

Postby the_man » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 am

Nutcase wrote:I don´t mean to highjack this thread. But I have sort of the same problem.

My setup is the following:

Synology DS1511+ Running DSM: 5.1-5022 Update 1.
Dvblogic server 5.0.0 Build 10250
Tvsource 5.0.0 Build 10285 (Currently trial license)
HDRHomerun 12214D91 (DVB-C)

My cable tv-provider sends out EPG data for the next 6 days.
On my tv and dedicated HDD-Recorder (Panasonic) I can see EPG data for the next 4 days without hassle.

The setup works, I can record without problems.
But the EPG guide overview from DVBlogic, shows data for many channels, but out of 27 channels there is 8 channels showing "unknown" for all days. And EPG data can be seen on my TV or Panasonic boxs. I tried to change the EPG data setting in "Channels" tab => "EPG sources" from "all categories" to EIT, but the setting changed back.
The EPG data is not shown either in the webpage (using a pc) or on my tablet using the DVBlogic application.

This is the only current problem that is currently stopping me from buying a license.
I know the data is in my signal, but it does not show :(

/Nutcase

First of all, please, update your DVBLink server and TVSource to the latest build (11035) from DVBLogic site.
Next we will try to help you.
And you say that you have EPG data list for all channels in "Channels" tab => "EPG sources", is it correct?
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Nutcase » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Hello the_man,

Okay, here is what I have done this evening.

Around 18 (6 PM) I first updatet the sever module to 5.1.0 build 11035
After that the tvsource module to same version and build.

Did a test recording (worked fine), and have now waited 5 hours since the upgrade. And now EPG data is only missing on 5 channels, but almost after I did the upgrade one of these 5 channels was displaying EPG data. And now - Gone. I also noticed that when using a laptop I could see the EPG data from this channel, but on my tablet the data never showed.

I have not installed any EPG source like XML tv and so forth. But my channels tab look like this:
Attachments
Channel selection - DVBLink Configuration - Mozilla Firefox_2015-01-28_23-12-30.jpg
Channel selection - DVBLink Configuration - Mozilla Firefox_2015-01-28_23-12-30.jpg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 13778 times
Nutcase

Postby the_man » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 am

Can you give an access to your PC via TeamViewer, i want to look, what is the problem.
Or you can do next steps:
-> go to DVBLink web-interface -> Sources -> click on button Configure (on your tv source) -> Edit advanced settings -> EPG Scan -> Scan -> Ok-> Save
-> then check option Advanced mode (under dropdown list with languages selection )
-> Channels -> EPG sources -> from Available EPG sources choose your source -> click By name -> save
Wait 20-30 minute and all EPG data must appears
NETGEAR RNDU2000; Synology DS112j, DS 212j, DS213+, DS 712+; Western Digital WD ex2; Asustor AS3, RPI2 ...
PCTV 460,461e,292e; TT 4400, 4650CI;DVBSKy S960; DD octopus net; Inverto sat2ip multibox; TBS DVB-C ...
the_man

Postby Nutcase » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:17 am

the_man wrote:Can you give an access to your PC via TeamViewer, i want to look, what is the problem.
-> go to DVBLink web-interface -> Sources -> click on button Configure (on your tv source) -> Edit advanced settings -> EPG Scan -> Scan -> Ok-> Save
-> then check option Advanced mode (under dropdown list with languages selection )
-> Channels -> EPG sources -> from Available EPG sources choose your source -> click By name -> save

Hello the_man,

Progress!! But not at the finish-line yet.

Okay, First changed the launguage to my country. Did the EPG search, and now we are down to only 3 channels missing EPG data. Both on my tablet and from a laptop. One the the channels missing EPG data is a national broadcaster. And I know there is EPG data on this channel.

I noticed a new problem. From my tablet and laptop I can stream the recorded stuff without hassle. But when I try from my "Smart-tv (UExxHU7105)" connect to the DLNA interface of DVBlink, I can see folders, choose a recording to start playing. The tv-set starts to read the file (at least the status shows this) but after seconds, I get the error "Check you network connection". My tv-set is connected with a LAN cable (NOT wifi), and I get the same error when trying to access the live-tv streams. I can see my Homerun and none of the 2 LEDS light up (showing connection) only the power LED.

Of course we can setup a teamviewer session, only problem is that is must be late in the day, evening. Due to work. I am in the GMT+1 timezone.
I might try to install DVBlogic on a Rasp device over the weekend to see if the same problems are there.

/Nutcase
Nutcase

Postby the_man » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 am

I'm sorry but I'll be busy in the evening.
Ok, lets try to understand your new issue.
Please set log level to info, restart dvblink server or will be better reboot your NAS, then reproduce the issue and attach zipped log file here.
To set log level http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... _log_files
the_man

Postby Ben » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:06 am

Hi,

I have the same problem. Empty EPG in web interface and XBMC. This occured with the last two versions of DVB-Link Server / TV-Source (11069) and previous.

I already tried the below steps suggested by the_man but to no avail.

the_man wrote:Can you give an access to your PC via TeamViewer, i want to look, what is the problem.

Log is attached.

Any ideas how to get the EPG back? Thanks!
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150213-0807.zip
(72.39 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
  • Server: DS412+, HDHomerun HDHR3-EU, DVBLink Server 6.0.0 +TVSource 6.0.0
  • Frontend: Nvidia Shield TV, DVBLink PVR Addon
Ben

Postby the_man » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Ben wrote:Hi,

I have the same problem. Empty EPG in web interface and XBMC. This occured with the last two versions of DVB-Link Server / TV-Source (11069) and previous.

I already tried the below steps suggested by the_man but to no avail.

Log is attached.

Any ideas how to get the EPG back? Thanks!

Looks like you dlrecorder.db is corrupted
To repair it http://dvblogic.com/wiki/index.php/How_ ... er.db_file
If it too difficult for you, i can do it.
the_man

Postby Ben » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:25 am

Hi the_man,

thanks for the offer! I have a little experience with Linux and databases but more from the user side. ;-) So would be great if you could help. Could we do this via Teamviewer?
  • Server: DS412+, HDHomerun HDHR3-EU, DVBLink Server 6.0.0 +TVSource 6.0.0
  • Frontend: Nvidia Shield TV, DVBLink PVR Addon
Ben

Postby the_man » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:32 am

Ben wrote:Hi the_man,

thanks for the offer! I have a little experience with Linux and databases but more from the user side. ;-) So would be great if you could help. Could we do this via Teamviewer?

You can upload your dlrecorder.db to any fileshare and give me a link for it in PM, I will repair it and send it back to you. I think it would be faster
And all these repairs steps need to do in windows
the_man

Postby Nutcase » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello the_man,

Sorry for my long response time, but other stuff was more important :(

I tried to adjust the firewall settings on my Synology box, but I still have the strange DLNA issue on my tv-set. On other devices - no problem (tablet and phone)

The missing EPG data, is still missing on 3 channels. I have attached the log file.

/Nutcase
Attachments
dvblink-log-20150216-2143.zip
(27.85 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Nutcase

Next

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS