DVBlink freeze since DSM 5.1

DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS is discussed here!

Re: DVBlink freeze since DSM 5.1

Postby bledsoe287 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:56 am

Oberon,

My install is also broken. Are the Hauppauge 950Q's affected as well on DSM 5.1? I just upgraded to the latest DVBLink.

Thanks,
Drew
bledsoe287

Postby peterschmidt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am

Well seems that Synology has the GPL delivered by DVBlogic. So the upcoming release of the final 5.1 will be there

Most probs will be solved then.. :D
peterschmidt

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:18 pm

we have received the config files (not the full gpl source code) from Synology today and will try to build the drivers. It might be or might be not enough. In the latter case we will have to request full gpl source code.
Oberon

Postby herbi1966 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 am

Hello Oberon,
thank you very much for your efforts. At the moment I'm looking hourly if there are good news in this forum.
Can you roughly estimate if and when the drivers will be ready.
Thank you
Regards
Herbi
herbi1966

Postby Oberon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:30 am

Unfortunately the config files, which Synology provided to us, did not solve the issue. We still need the full gpl kernel sources from them to rebuild the drivers.
We have communicated this to Synology and asked for these sources asap (well, we asked for them from the beginning also - we just had a hope that config files might be the faster and easier way).
So we need to wait a bit more. How long - I do not know yet. We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmation from Synology itself.

I recommend that for those for whom it is blocking to downgrade to dsm5.0.

Synology ARM (886f628-based) platform is fully functional with DSM5.1 using the DVBLink v5.1 beta installer from here:
viewforum.php?f=112

Also HDHomeRun tuners, SAT>IP tuners, IPTV and Dreambox products are fully functional under DSM5.1 for all supported Synology platforms.

And last, but not least, I suggest that all of you open support ticket at Synology for DVBLink driver rebuild.

Thank you.
Oberon

Postby Hadi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Same issue on my DS414:
- with DSM 5.1 my DVBLink does not find the connected "TT-connect CT2-4650 CI" USB-device.
- after a downgrade to DSM 5.0 the MAC fileservices for AFP/Timemachine do not start.

So I updated to DSM 5.1 again and send a support ticket (via https://myds.synology.com/support/support_form.php) to Synology
(with the request to provide the GPL kernel sources for DVBLink driver rebuild).
Hadi

Postby rafrider » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Hallo all
As I opened this thread I feel responsible to tell you that I finally solved the problem by downgrading to DSM 5.0 4528 !!!!
Everything works fine :)
I did exactly the way it is described in the Synology forum (and probably also on some other places):

To downgrade do the following:
1. SSH into your NAS.
2. nano or vi /etc.defaults/VERSION
3. Set the values to for example this:
majorversion="5"
minorversion="0"
buildphase="beta"
buildnumber="4418"
smallfixnumber=1
builddate="2014/01/20"
4. download the DSM 5.0 version you want. I used the latest one that was available for my nas: http://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM/5.0/4528/
5. Now, manually update your NAS using the firmware. After the update is complete, your NAS will reboot and you are done. :-)

Etwas tricky ist das mit vi und putty
Nie mehr updaten ohne Hintergrundinfos
Danke für die rege Diskussion
Gut zu wissen dass man nicht alleine ist

Grüsse
My System: DS214play DSM 6.0.2-8451, Technotrend TT-connect® S2-3650 CI, DVBlink server 6.0.0 13129 with TVsource
Clients: Windows 7 PC, Ipad2, Iphone6, Mac OS 10.11.6, Samsung TV
rafrider

Postby cerberus77 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:23 pm

With downgrading you will probably disable AFP (Mac Fileservices).
I tried your manual as well as the one in the Synology Forum, unfortunately it always ended up with AFP not working anymore.

Downgrading is not an option for me, as my Mac's still need to be able to backup using TimeMachine, which will break after a downgrade, Also the file shares dont work with AFP no more after
downgrading from DSM 5.1 to 5.0
cerberus77

Postby herbi1966 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Even though I really wanted to resist, I downgraded my DS214play to DSM5.0 too, now the DVBSky 960CI works again.
I had an 2nd issue with a DS110j as a mirror server: cause the setup on the mirror was made before DSM 4.3, the file system was incompatible with my DS214play on 5.1, the sync failed. According to the Syno support I had to set up the DS110j completely new.
I know that this is no issue for this thread, but those two "surprises" took me a lot of time.
I hope that Synology will build and publish the next release with more care, by the way DVBLogic is part of the official package center...
To be honest :) - all in all I like my Synos, I would not change to an other system.
regards
Herbi
herbi1966

Postby Sundtek » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 am

Oberon, can you consider adding support for our devices directly?

At the moment we update the DVBLogic startscript manually, as you might know our devices do not depend on the GPL code of Synology, our drivers are generic.
Some customers are already using DSM 5.1 with our devices (DVB-S/S2 Stick and Cabletuners)
Sundtek

Postby joshy123 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:38 am

Still no news on the new drivers for 5.1
Synology ds415+, pctv 929, hdhomerun connect, playtv dvb t, DVBSKy S960CI, TBS 5980ci frontend apple tv 4
joshy123

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Synology has promised the end of this week. We will be working weekend if needed by circumstances to bring the support for DSM5.1.

On the adjacent note, we are thinking how to make this process less painful for the consequent NAS firmware updates. Apart from working with Synology on getting the drivers built before the new DSM release (which would be ideal, but depends more on Synology than on us. It is currently three weeks since DSM5.1 release and there are no sources yet.), what would be the good way notifying users (yourselves) that you should not upgrade for the time being.

What communication means/functionality would you consider good for this purpose? What would you expect us to do in case we do not have the drivers ready before the new DSM release?

Thanks.
Oberon

Postby peterschmidt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm

I always appreciate it if these kind of info is send to me by mail. An announcement on the forum as a sticky topic with warning. A big popup maybe in the application.

Hope that Synology keeps her promise and next week the adjusted 5.1 will be available
peterschmidt

Postby joshy123 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 am

Oberon wrote:Synology has promised the end of this week. We will be working weekend if needed by circumstances to bring the support for DSM5.1.

On the adjacent note, we are thinking how to make this process less painful for the consequent NAS firmware updates. Apart from working with Synology on getting the drivers built before the new DSM release (which would be ideal, but depends more on Synology than on us. It is currently three weeks since DSM5.1 release and there are no sources yet.), what would be the good way notifying users (yourselves) that you should not upgrade for the time being.

What communication means/functionality would you consider good for this purpose? What would you expect us to do in case we do not have the drivers ready before the new DSM release?

Thanks.

Maybe a more quicker warning by email and even maybe a notification in the app, alot of us updated because their were no knowledge it would break it, in your 5.1 beta release notes it said complatabily with dsm 5.1 so most of us thought it was a goer till we updated
Synology ds415+, pctv 929, hdhomerun connect, playtv dvb t, DVBSKy S960CI, TBS 5980ci frontend apple tv 4
joshy123

Postby FRnk » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Oberon wrote:What communication means/functionality would you consider good for this purpose? What would you expect us to do in case we do not have the drivers ready before the new DSM release?
An email would be fine if it gets sent a couple of days before the DSM update is available.
FRnk

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS