Australia USB tuner which one?

DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS is discussed here!

Australia USB tuner which one?

Postby pureheart69 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:36 am

Could someone please tell me which USB tuner to use with Synology in Melbourne/Australia?

Many Thanks!!!
pureheart69

Re: Australia USB tuner which one?

Postby pureheart69 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 am

No one using this in Australia? :?
pureheart69

Postby Oberon » Thu May 09, 2013 7:15 am

If I remember correctly Hauppauge WinTV tuners are available in Australia.
Oberon

Postby pureheart69 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:26 am

Thank you, do you think that this is compatible and should work?
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-tv-tuners/hauppauge-wintv-nova-t-stick-294
pureheart69

Postby pureheart69 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:22 am

Anyone please?
pureheart69

Postby Oberon » Mon May 13, 2013 11:44 am

Not sure to be honest.
We definitely support this one:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-tv-tuners/ ... va-td-1175

Can you please e-mail Hauppauge with the question if there exists the single tuner version of that dual tuner, which has exactly the same chipset? We will do the same and I will update you with the reply from them.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Mon May 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Oberon

Postby pureheart69 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:17 am

Ok Thanks,
I just bought this one http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-tv-tuners/hauppauge-pctv-nanostick-dvb-t-73e-22269 which you are listing as compatible...
I'll let you know once I receive it :)

Thanks
pureheart69

Postby pureheart69 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Oberon,

It seems to work but I can't use my windows phone to stream the LIVE tv?
Is windows phone supported? I downloaded the app from the store but I can only see the EPG?

THANKS!
pureheart69

Postby Davesabs » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 am

Hi all,

I have been using the Synology NAS (Diskstation) with DVB logic for some time now (over 1 year).

I an running version 4.6.0 which mind you was a manual update as Synology's Package Centre only offers up to 4.5.3 and whilst DVBLogic had the 4.6.0 update, it was not pushed down via the Package Center. So once updated, the "installed" list will refect the latest version which is 4.6.0.

Now I bought the EyeTV DTT from Elgato and it works great. There was a lot of confusion (and may still be) over what was compatible and what was not. DVBLogic have their list of compatible USB tuners however of those, only some are deemed compatible by Synology.

I initially bought a PCTVe which was just short of compatibility whilst the "se" (PCTVse) version was fine from memory. So I went and bought the Elgato.

The thing is, the Synology DS offers two types of TV streaming/recording options - through the DVBLogic package or through DS video (which was released later). I found that the DVBLogic option was abit more advanced and smoother. They can not run at the same time so if you are using DVBLogic, you obviously need to check (choose) the disable TV tuner option in DS Video.

HOWEVER - You can only stream live TV using WiFi so whilst on your network. I have setup my DS with VPN access and attempted to fool it in to thinking I am on the network and tried streaming live tv however it is almost unusable and probably due to poor bandwidth on the upload where the DS is situated.
You may know by now however that recorded tv will stream great whether on or off the LAN as the DS does some great encoding and rendering through its software especially when using DS Video. So you can effectively move your TV recording in to a folder that the DS Video app pulls files from and then watch that program through that app on your tablet or smartphone....perfect!

Let me know if anyone has any further questions.

Thanks
Davesabs

Return to DVBLink TV Server for Synology NAS