Offset with Records in .ts in Kodi 18 and Paththrough

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Offset with Records in .ts in Kodi 18 and Paththrough

Postby holzfred » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Hello Oberon and Team,

a few people have Problem with records and Filmsets with Paththrough in Kodi 18 Leia. I have a offset round about 1-2 sec between Video and Audio.
Today I converted a .ts file into .mkv. .avi Files have also no offset. This files runs without offset. Live TV in 5.1 has also no offset. How can it be?

Can you explain me the difference between Live-TV and Recorded Live-TV?

Thanks in advance

Uwe
holzfred

Re: Offset with Records in .ts in Kodi 18 and Paththrough

Postby holzfred » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Hello,

yesterday i tried a few situations with Live-TV, recordings and movies.

If I watch TV I have no Problems to watch and record the same time. I see 2 streams in DVBLink on the same tuner. If I watch exactly this TV-record in the TV Section in Kodi using DVBLink I have a offset between video and Audio. If I copy this record to my movie-folder and watch them as a movie, I have no offset.

To check, if this fault a is a problem with my amplifier I changed it also. Both working with SPDIF as WASAPI with Paththrough and both shows the same bug. As I watch TV the sound is pretty good with no noise or something else. If I watch the record the stream starts with a short scratching noise like chalk on a chalkboard. After that there is the offset.

So I think the problem is the DVBLink-Player. in Kodi 18. Which infos you need to fix this problem?

Thank you.
holzfred

Postby holzfred » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi everybody...

is someone working on it?

Thanks
holzfred

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 am

(Live) TV playback functionality in Kodi is completely outside of DVBLink addon influence. There is nothing we can do here.
Oberon

Postby holzfred » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:42 am

Oberon wrote:(Live) TV playback functionality in Kodi is completely outside of DVBLink addon influence. There is nothing we can do here.

Hi Oberon, ok, good to know, but what is with Live-TV Records? Live TV is working fine, only Records lags...
holzfred

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:10 am

I really do not know. A transport stream is a self-contained file, which has all streams, all timestamps etc. DVBLink just provides a stream in its original form to a player. And the rest is outside of its influence.
Oberon

Postby holzfred » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:12 am

Oberon wrote:I really do not know. A transport stream is a self-contained file, which has all streams, all timestamps etc. DVBLink just provides a stream in its original form to a player. And the rest is outside of its influence.

Thanks again,

than I really cannot understand the difference between the same file played through Live TV Records and Movie Section in Kodi. I'll try my luck there...

Thanks Uwe
holzfred

Postby holzfred » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Little Update,

after a clean fresh Setup from KODI with the newest Intel HD Audio Drivers the Problem is solved.

Uwe
holzfred

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon