Channel Change Stuttering

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Channel Change Stuttering

Postby tg2525 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi

After changing channels, I observe for about 7 seconds a stuttering video. Especially annoying when watching Sports or news channels such as CNBC with news stream. Thereafter it somehow seems to sync with Kodi and TV plays smooth. According to a developer in the Kodi forum it seems like that the DVBLogic PVR plugin does not deliver the video stream correctly. I tested the behaviour with another PVR client (IPTV client) and effectively the stuttering does not occur. I use Kodi 17.1 with DVBLogic PVR plugin 3.4.3 on Windows 10. Tested with Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GTX1060, doesn't matter.

Thanks for fixing this.
Attachments
dvblink-log-20170412-2140.zip
(85.22 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
tg2525

Re: Channel Change Stuttering

Postby ashley » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:11 am

hi,

interestingly enough I'm on Kodi 18 latest nightly (on Nvidia shield TV) and I see the same issue on some but not all the channels.
I've see the problem mostly on DVBT channels with AAC 2.0 sound tracks, and randomly switching between HD and SD channels (that use different audio formats).
I've been researching Kodi bugs and there seems to be a lot of issues historically around switching between different audio formats (specifically AAC).
It is my understanding that on a single channel a programme can be broadcast in one audio format, only for adverts to appear in a different audio format.
I wonder if this problem is the root cause of many of the stuttering issues? It might also explain why the same issue is seen in multiple pvr backends.
@Oberon, are you able to comment here or work with the teamkodi developers to nail down the problem?

In NZ, there are a mix of SD and HD channels all with different audio formats all mixed up in the FTA guide, so the differences in each country might explain why there isn't too much in common between the countries.

cheers
Ashley
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby goodton » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 am

Yes, this very same issue is still present in v17 and also with v18 nightlies. The symptoms also in my case are exactly the same as tg2525 described and as I have also reported before. In v16 this problem was not present so I would assume that this has to be related to the new videoplayer-engine (buffering?) in Kodi 17->.

And yes, it is very annoying.
goodton

Postby ashley » Wed May 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Hey @oberon, please can you take a look at this. it seems to have stalled;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306231&page=2

In my case I often have to stop the channel and then go back to the guide and then select it again, I typically see the issue when I'm navigating via the guide.
What can we do to help you get to the bottom of the issue (as end users of your product)?
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby daweb » Thu May 25, 2017 7:39 am

goodton wrote:And yes, it is very annoying.

Yes I hope there will soon be a correction ... By what I am sorry to have paid for the server saw that there does not seem to be any reaction from DBVLogic
daweb

Postby ashley » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:23 pm

hey @Oberon, please can you look at this specific issue. In my situation the stutter going from a 1080i TV channel to a 576i channel means the stutter can last up to 15 seconds, which makes things unusable.If you could look specifically at this issue it would be great.
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
ashley

Postby gmaza » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Same problem here.. Any News??
gmaza

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon