DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

Postby ferni » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Oberon wrote:
ferni wrote:I'm still having the same problem originally reported. After leaving kodi idle for a few hours and coming back and trying to access recorded tv for example it just hangs. What can I look at? Will logs help? If so which ones?

When hangup happens - just wait for a minute to see if system comes back alive.

Hi Oberon,

I've tried this a few times now, waiting for a minute or two but Kodi crashes (application goes light coloured and the blue spinning circle and never recovers).

Any logs/places to look to troubleshoot this one please?
ferni

Postby debutanker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Oberon wrote:Can someone, who experience disappeared first channel problem, provide us with forwarded ports of their dvblink installation?
We can run Kodi under debugger here to analyze the issue.

Please PM me with the access info.

Any news on this or do you still need a provider for remote access?
debutanker

Postby goodton » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:00 am

debutanker wrote:@eddedrukker
Passthrough with LiveTv is disabled by default since Kodi 17 - this decision was made by the kodi devs and cant be handled with pvr-addon (sadly not...)!

By enabling the transcode AC3-option in passthrough-settings you should still be able to get dolby digital out to your AVR, at least in my case works nicely and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet. To get it work also these settings should be active in audio-settings:

Number of channels -> 2
Output configuration -> Optimized

And of course audio passthrough should be enabled.

Thanks to Oberon for this update, now the audio is working logically (as Kodi-team has specified for version 17). But I still have this strange video stuttering problem after every channel change, which typically resolves within 10 seconds. Somehow I still feel it is related to demux buffering not getting enough data initially as there are for example no dropped frames during this stage. As a workaround, just pausing a channel for a one second after channel change, the video plays smoothly.
goodton

Postby Siutsch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Installed Kodi 17.1 today, but new DVBLink Client v1.4.2 doesn't work.

I only get very fast popup windows with updating tv logos (every 2 seconds, or so, never stops) and if I start LiveTV I only get black screen and Kodi hangs.

Tried old pvr.dvblink.dll from Kodi 17.0, it works with that.
Siutsch

Postby Siutsch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Only me?

Edit: Had to delete the data, after that it works again.

Sorry ...
Siutsch

Postby mdscarrott » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi all

I am having the same issue with the guide data as described in this thread. The name of the first channel is not showing and the name of the second channel on the list has the epg data from the first channel. This is all in the guide view. In the channels view there is no problem.

Kodi 17.1 on Nvidia Shield TV (Android)
PVR Client version 3.4.2

I am using two sources: usb DVB-T2 tuner and IPTV. I use TV Adviser for EPG.

Please let me know if anyone has managed to fix this or what troubleshooting you suggest.

Thanks
mdscarrott

Postby jawilljr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:44 am

When will Ubuntu users get the update?
jawilljr

Postby beeswax » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:04 am

jawilljr wrote:When will Ubuntu users get the update?

While dvblogic are responsible for maintaining the code for the dvblink PVR addon, I believe it's Team Kodi's job to actually build them for all the target OS's. According to the Kodi wiki, the PVR addons are built and included in the install for all flavours of Kodi except Ubuntu where you have to follow the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Ubuntu_PVR_add-ons.

I don't know how up to date that Wiki page is but if following that doesn't get you the new version, you will probably have to ask the question on the Kodi forum.
beeswax

Postby Beachman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 am

I'm still having having problems with hangs. After leaving kodi idle for a few hours and coming back and trying to press record button in guide data it just hangs. After I kill kodi in task manager and restart it is working fine again. Anyone else experiense this problem?

I'm also having buffering issuses on some channels, I have to press pause for a few seconds to get the channel to play well. This did not happen in kodi 16.

Running kodi 17.1 on windows.
Server: Connect 5.0 on WHS2011. Intel I5. Cinergy t-stick dual RC HD (acamd,oscam), 2x PCTV nanostick T2 290e(acamd,oscam), 2x Anysee T2C (Boxer HD Sweden CI, clone+). Clients: Surface pro 3, Intel NUC i3 Haswel XBMC, 2x Iphone 4, 1x Lumia 1520
Beachman

Postby kikesal22 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Same issue with the channel os the guide here, the first channel number doesn´t show on the guide but its EPG data does, this causes a skew on the EPG grid.

Client: Android Nvidia Shield - Kodi 17.1 - Dvblink PVR client 3.4.2
Server: Raspberri pi 2 - Dvblink IPTV 6.0
kikesal22

Postby solomalee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Just tried the latest Raspberry PI version LibreElec 8.0.1.

- Channel Numbers are OK (Mine are setup to start at 101 BBC1 following FreeSAT numbering)
- One PI froze overnight after being left on the recorded programs section
- Second PI froze "as with the prior version" after selecting a Live TV channel

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby debutanker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:11 am

Timeline EPG issue solved ---> https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/81
Many thanks!
debutanker

Postby beeswax » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:47 am

The other item in the changelog for that release:

Fixed: Lock-up on RecTV and Tuning Channel after Idle

I'm not sure I'm interpreting GitHub correctly but it seems like this fix won't have made it into a Krypton nightly yet as it keeps failing to build. The Leia build worked OK but not Krypton. Or am I reading this wrong?
beeswax

Postby jotenakis » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:00 pm

when installing dvblink pvr client i have an issue " add-on couldn't be loaded an unknown error has occurred". If i update the add-on using same package, the add-on loads and works ! But when i reboot same error message, hence i am forced to update add-on to make it start. Do you know why ?
Kodi 17 on libreelec C2.
jotenakis

Postby TEN » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 pm

@jotenakis

Same problem occours here an my raspberry 3 - as a workaround i disable the plugin and enable it again.
Afterwards everythings is fine.

To me it seems to be a timing problem - it looks like the plugin trys to connect to the Server before the network connection was established.

Greetings TEN
TEN

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon