DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

Postby debutanker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Maybe the "wait for network" function in Kodi would be helpful??
debutanker

Postby jotenakis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 pm

Exactly it works !!!
jotenakis

Postby kikesal22 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello Oberon.

The branch for Krypton is not passing the CI tests :

https://travis-ci.org/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvbl ... /216361413

Do you have an ETA for the v3.4.3 release for Krypton users? I didn't get the update yet, I understand that until the CI tests are successful the change won't be pushed to the repo correct?

Thank you
kikesal22

Postby tg2525 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:09 pm

goodton wrote:
debutanker wrote:@eddedrukker
Passthrough with LiveTv is disabled by default since Kodi 17 - this decision was made by the kodi devs and cant be handled with pvr-addon (sadly not...)!

By enabling the transcode AC3-option in passthrough-settings you should still be able to get dolby digital out to your AVR, at least in my case works nicely and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet. To get it work also these settings should be active in audio-settings:

Number of channels -> 2
Output configuration -> Optimized

And of course audio passthrough should be enabled.

Thanks to Oberon for this update, now the audio is working logically (as Kodi-team has specified for version 17). But I still have this strange video stuttering problem after every channel change, which typically resolves within 10 seconds. Somehow I still feel it is related to demux buffering not getting enough data initially as there are for example no dropped frames during this stage. As a workaround, just pausing a channel for a one second after channel change, the video plays smoothly.

Hi there I observe the same issue when switching channels. During the first couple of seconds after the change the video is stuttering. Tested with 3.4.2.
tg2525

Postby Oberon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 am

kikesal22 wrote:Hello Oberon.

Do you have an ETA for the v3.4.3 release for Krypton users? I didn't get the update yet, I understand that until the CI tests are successful the change won't be pushed to the repo correct?

Thank you

It's ok. The changes have been pushed to repo already last week.
Oberon

Postby kikesal22 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 am

Oberon wrote:
kikesal22 wrote:Hello Oberon.

Thank you

It's ok. The changes have been pushed to repo already last week.

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything special I need to do to have the add-on updated? When I click on check add-on updates it prompts back that there are no updates available.

Cheers.
kikesal22

Postby tg2525 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 pm

tg2525 wrote:
goodton wrote:
debutanker wrote:@eddedrukker
Passthrough with LiveTv is disabled by default since Kodi 17 - this decision was made by the kodi devs and cant be handled with pvr-addon (sadly not...)!

By enabling the transcode AC3-option in passthrough-settings you should still be able to get dolby digital out to your AVR, at least in my case works nicely and I haven't noticed any drawbacks yet. To get it work also these settings should be active in audio-settings:

Number of channels -> 2
Output configuration -> Optimized

And of course audio passthrough should be enabled.

Thanks to Oberon for this update, now the audio is working logically (as Kodi-team has specified for version 17). But I still have this strange video stuttering problem after every channel change, which typically resolves within 10 seconds. Somehow I still feel it is related to demux buffering not getting enough data initially as there are for example no dropped frames during this stage. As a workaround, just pausing a channel for a one second after channel change, the video plays smoothly.

Hi there I observe the same issue when switching channels. During the first couple of seconds after the change the video is stuttering. Tested with 3.4.2.

Stuttering with 3.4.3 still not fixed. This becomes quite annoying. With other pvr client such as IPTV simple client this does not occur.
tg2525

Postby fr56 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:10 pm

jotenakis wrote:...when i reboot same error message, hence i am forced to update add-on to make it start. Do you know why ?
Kodi 17 on libreelec C2.

I have this same issue: plugin doesn't load on reboot. I've had to shelve my C2 and go back to the rpi3 until this is fixed. Did you get anywhere with it? I tried the 'wait for network' option, but that didn't solve it.
fr56

Postby jotenakis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 pm

For me it is ok with wait for network with more than 10sec.
jotenakis

Postby fr56 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:29 am

jotenakis wrote:For me it is ok with wait for network with more than 10sec.

Thanks for the reply. Still no joy with my C2 no matter how high i set the time limit.

Back to the rpi3 for me. Should have just stuck with Jarvis :(
fr56

Postby ashley » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:16 am

for anyone running the shieldtv, I was having a lot of stuttering/audio drop outs and other unreliability on standard 17.1 kodi release (plugin version 3.4.2).
I have now switched to the Kodi Nightly via;
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi ... a/Krypton/
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi ... 64-v8a.apk

and this updates the plugin version to 3.4.3.
and the combination of 64 bit 17.1 kodi nightly+ 3.4.3 plugin, seems to be giving rock steady reliability (except for some small known issues).

Note to use the 64bit arm version you need an android box with a 64bit chipset as well as a running a 64bit android TV version - the shieldtv is such a box.

In the case of the shield tv to sideload the apk (as typically most people wouldn't need to do this), the easiest way is to download the apk and and upload it to say google drive and then navigating to it via the network>cloud option on es file exploerer (or loading it via SD card).

I'm hoping that once @Oberon allows TV Mosaic frontend to use dvblink backend, that we won't have to hit these common reoccurring issues.
Intel i5 quad, GTX1060
1xTBS6205
DVBlink 6 on Win10 x64 with Nexus 5x/9/SPMC/Kodi clients
Dumped MCE for Nvidia Shield TV running SPMC v17 with dvblink plugin!
Dumped Sky TV for being a waste of money
ashley

Postby TEN » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Sorry for asking a beginners question, but i am using Libreelec 8.0.1 on my Raspberry Pi 3 with the Kodi PVR addon v. 3.4.2.1 to connect to my Windows based DVBLink Server v. 6.0.

Now, as discussed earlier in this thread, with this Version of the plugin the channels appear wrong numbered within the guide.

My question now is how can i update the plugin to the newest Version - by updating the plugin (how?) or by installing the latestet Libreelec Version (Nightly? - Where?)?

Thanks in advance!

TEN
TEN

Postby fr56 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 pm

TEN wrote:My question now is how can i update the plugin to the newest Version - by updating the plugin (how?) or by installing the latestet Libreelec Version (Nightly? - Where?)?

TEN

The version in the current LE release for the rpi is unstable, and won't update beyond the version included already with it. The bug fixed version needs compiling for the rpi (which you can attempt via their github) or use a nightly version of Kodi. Unfortunately there are no nightlies for the rpi. Only official ones are for Android and Windows etc.

You can try OSMC; the faults with the DVBLink plugin was brought to their attention, and they compiled the latest version as of March into their update. They may also continue to keep it updated with their monthly releases. Who knows.

Alternatively, try a community build from one of the great users out their such as Raybuntu etc. They may update the PVR plugins as and when.

Hopefully in the coming months, the DVBLink plugin will become more stable in time for the next milestone release from Libreelec et al.
fr56

Postby TEN » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:13 am

Hi,

just for the fun of it i decided to compile myself the newest version of the DVBLink Kodi pvr addon (version 4.1.3) for the Raspberry Pi 3.
To be honest - it was the first time i worked with Linux in that way (normaly i am a Windows user) but it was a pretty straight forward process.

Now evereything seems to work fine on my Libreelec 8.0.1.

If you want to give it a try you can download it here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmlMQ7b2gYaxodl6SjkKDxPHLqg38A - but keep in mind that i am not responsible for any damage/problem etc.

Hope it helps!

Greetings

TEN
TEN

Postby fr56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:22 pm

TEN wrote:just for the fun of it i decided to compile myself the newest version of the DVBLink Kodi pvr addon (version 4.1.3) for the Raspberry Pi 3.

Great, that works well. Put it on my rpi and current issues with the DVBLink plugin seem to be fixed.

I did try compiling it myself, but the zip kept failing as a valid add-on in Kodi. Not sure where i was going wrong.

Only downside now is you'll have to keep compiling the updates for this forum as no one else appears to do it. :D

(Not sure why DVBLogic don't supply links to plugins for the popular systems. Especially when the current release is known to be buggy).
fr56

PreviousNext

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon