DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton 17.1

Postby TEN » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:10 pm

@fr56

Great to hear that the problem could be solved with the new plugin.

And for the compilation process for future plugins - how often do they change?
You see, i have a fulltime job to do .... :) :lol:

Greetings

TEN
TEN

Postby cw-kid » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am

Ever since updating OpenElec to LibreElec Kodi v17 / v17.1 both my Intel based HTPC's crash or hang when resuming from S3 sleep mode.

Last night I was trying different things and after disabling the DVBLink add-on neither PC has crashed or hung since.

So it looks like the DVBLink add-on is the cause of my issues.

DVBLink Add-on is version 3.4.3.1 which I believe is coming from the LibreElec add-ons repo in Kodi.
cw-kid

Postby daweb » Sun May 07, 2017 11:09 am

Hello, is anyone who knows how to compile the version for android tv (arm)?
Currently 10/15 seconds to start the stream, and since the 17.1 in addition it freeze often, you have to change channel and restart.
I'm back in 17, not freeze anymore, but always 10 sec ...

Kodi last Nightly dont change anything for me.
daweb

Postby HAWKHAWK » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:36 am

As a long time DVBLink user (since DVBLink for DVBDream :-)), I had a serious system crash, so I build up a new machine from scratch with Windows 10 / Kodi (instead of W7 / MCE). Everybody seems so happy with this, but after days of configuring, I already wish MCE was back! Kodi is way too complex and no WAF at all, but ok, I will give it another try.

Kodi is version Krypton 17.3 (the latest?) and DVBLink 6. But how to get these 2 to work together? Of course I read all Wikis/manuals, and first step is to install the PVR addon, i tried, but Kodi gives an error installing this add-on (yes, I allowed for unknown sources in the settings). Downloaded add-on 3.4.5v2 from here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink ... v2-Krypton Is that the right one? It should work or not? Also tried pvr.dvblink-master.zip, but same error.

On the DVBLink website, the add on can not be download, and the Github downloads seem to give errors by installing, please advice. Thx!

Let's hope I get this working in the next 20 days (trial period), but I will try NextPVR in the mean time, maybe that is easier....?
HAWKHAWK

Postby HAWKHAWK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:47 am

Ok, as a first time user of Kodi I did not know that all PVR add-ons should be included with the install..........my install did not have it, but ok, now it has........and then you still have to manually activate the TV menu item (not in the PVR/liveTV config, but somewhere hidden in the Menu config) to be able to use it.

Ok, so far so good, it seems to work now. Next challenge is to have same channel numbers in Kodi as in DVBLink.....?
HAWKHAWK

Postby cw-kid » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Kodi settings - PVR & Live TV - General

Use channel order from backend (enabled)
Use channel numbers from backend (enabled)

Try that.
cw-kid

Postby HAWKHAWK » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:35 pm

cw-kid wrote:Kodi settings - PVR & Live TV - General

Use channel order from backend (enabled)
Use channel numbers from backend (enabled)

Try that.

Thx!
HAWKHAWK

Postby managedata » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 am

Hello,

I am using DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon 3.4.5.1 on a raspberry 3 with Libreelec 8.0.2 and a QNAP NAS 251+ as media server.
When I watch recorded TV and use the skip function (skip 5 Minutes, skip 30 Seconds), my system freezes sometimes.

Example: I want to skip commercials and press the following commands on my remote:
Arrow up (5 Mintues forward)
4 x Arrow right (3 Minutes forward)
2 x Arrow left (30 seconds rewind)
1x Arrow right (10 seconds forward)

Sometimes the system shows a circle with 100% and the system freezes. I can only reset the raspberry when I disconnect
the power supply.

When I downgrade to Libreelec 7.0.3 whith the older DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon (2.x.x.x), the system works well without
any freezing or crashes while skipping.

Any tips what I can do to avoid this behavior?

Thanks.
managedata

Previous

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon