DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

PVR Addon didn't developed anymore?!

Postby nexusle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Oberon,
Hi the_man

Is this the fact or only a rumor?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2530063
nexusle

Re: PVR Addon didn't developed anymore?!

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:47 am

It is a rumour. We continue to support and develop the dvblink Kodi addon.
Apart from a hunging issue, reported on the forum (which we try to reproduce reliably and fix) and a couple of cosmetic things I do not think there are any other outstanding things.
As for a specific issue of Kodi 17 randomly crashing with dvblink addon - I have not seen any other reports yet. If it is indeed the case, we will investigate and fix it.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
Oberon

Postby goodton » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks Oberon for clarifying the situation. Based on my experience on Kodi 17, DVBLink is working as reliably as it has been previously, so no crashing issues here. Only new issue in Krypton is related to video/audio juddering on channel start/change, which I tried to explain also in this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=31867

Probably a buffering issue with the new realtime-stream playing mechanism in Kodi 17. Channel will eventually "sync" but this phase can last even 10 seconds. Also just by pausing the live-stream for a second after a channel change, is enough to fill the buffers and the playback can continue without issues.

Would be nice that this could also been investigated.

Also DVBLink-addon behaves quite strangely with the audio passthrough for realtime-streams = Live-TV. In theory it should not be anymore possible to passthrough audio for live-TV -streams in Kodi 17 but DVBLink with timeshifting enabled seem to still allow this to happen. But not always, most "reliable" way to trigger this phenomenom is to change channels by entering channel number. In general, the decision by Kodi-team to block audio passthrough for Live-TV was unfortunate but well argumented, nothing we can do about it.
goodton

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:24 am

goodton wrote:Thanks Oberon for clarifying the situation. Based on my experience on Kodi 17, DVBLink is working as reliably as it has been previously, so no crashing issues here. Only new issue in Krypton is related to video/audio juddering on channel start/change, which I tried to explain also in this topic.

https://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=31867

Probably a buffering issue with the new realtime-stream playing mechanism in Kodi 17. Channel will eventually "sync" but this phase can last even 10 seconds. Also just by pausing the live-stream for a second after a channel change, is enough to fill the buffers and the playback can continue without issues.

Would be nice that this could also been investigated.

Also DVBLink-addon behaves quite strangely with the audio passthrough for realtime-streams = Live-TV. In theory it should not be anymore possible to passthrough audio for live-TV -streams in Kodi 17 but DVBLink with timeshifting enabled seem to still allow this to happen. But not always, most "reliable" way to trigger this phenomenom is to change channels by entering channel number. In general, the decision by Kodi-team to block audio passthrough for Live-TV was unfortunate but well argumented, nothing we can do about it.

DVBLink Kodi adon sets realtime flag as they suggest - if timeshifting is disabled or there is less than 3 seconds to live position. We can make 3 seconds 10 to see if it helps.
Oberon

Postby goodton » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks Oberon, this is interesting information. Now it is pretty much clear, why passthrough is sometimes working, sometimes not. So if DVBLink Kodi-addon should behave as Kodi-team has specified, your recommendation for 10 seconds would tackle this.

Although it means, that audio passthrough will certainly be blocked now for immediate channel changes, situation would be more clear to end users. And if I understand correctly, if for example TV-channel has dolby digital -audio, audio passthrough would still be able to be triggered with using timeshifting (pausing or jumping back)?

What about this strange video-juddering/short audio dropouts -issue on channel change, any ideas what is happening here from DVBLink-addon standpoint? DVBLink is quite quick on channel changing for a front/backend-solution, takes about 2 seconds, is it now too fast for getting enough stream-data in Kodi 17 before playing is started? In Kodi 16 this problem was not present but in Kodi 17 this cache/buffering functionality now behaves differently by design. Of course it would be sad, if the channel change time performance would need to sacrificed for this, hopefully not.
goodton

Postby Oberon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:31 pm

If I understood correctly, realtime flag will have influence on channel change behavior as well. I cannot estimate at the moment what the effect will be.
Oberon

Postby jotenakis » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:19 am

Where can I find the latest build ? Which version number is it ?
jotenakis

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon