BUG: KODI 17 PVR Add-on Frozen after 6 hours unused

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Re: BUG: KODI 17 PVR Add-on Frozen after 6 hours unused

Postby ferni » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 pm

solomalee wrote:Hi,

I'm also still "suffering".

I wish it was clear who can or will do something to resolve this properly (The DVBlink guys one minute say it's a Kodi issue, then a few days later they're "investigating a fix").

Incidentally, I've also found the DVBlink PVR client can be "made to freeze" by deleting recordings while the PVR guide is still loading. Or by exiting the recorded TV list while the recording is still being deleted.

All in all, the DVBlink PVR client seems very flaky :-(

Try the latest 17.1 nightly (make sure dvblink version is 3.4.3?), it fixed the issue for me, been stable for a few days now since i upgraded.
ferni

Postby cw-kid » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 am

dvbGuy wrote:Same here on waking from sleep. I've added a sleep.d file to auto-reboot the NUC when waking, otherwise it's guaranteed to be locked up.

I have been having the same problems since updating OpenElec to LibreElec 8.0.1 with Kodi Krypton 17.1. I have two Intel based HTPCs which both wake up from S3 Sleep mode.

The one downstairs usually crashes right out of Kodi and restarts Kodi the one upstairs usually just hangs and locks up solid with Kodi then unusable.

I have been manually rebooting Kodi after wake up if I can before they bomb out.

Last night I disabled the DVBLink PVR add-on and neither PC has crashed or hung since, so the DVBLink add-on seems to be the cause alright.

The DVBLink add-on is version 3.4.3.1
cw-kid

Postby clutrz » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 am

I've now migrated across to TvHeadend in the meantime and will periodically check this forum to see if anything changes before (maybe) changing back.
Model Name: DS214+
Current DSM version: DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9
DVBlink Server Version: 6.0.0 Build 14072
DVBLink TV Source Version: 6.0.0 Build 14072
Tuners: 2 x SCEH-0036 DVB-T /T2 (Sony PlayTV)
clutrz

Postby VPN-User » Mon May 01, 2017 9:50 am

Will do the same, TVHeadend seems best option to go from here.

I even filed a support ticket at DVBLogic support portal - No reaction whatsoever. DVBLogic support is simply ridiculous!

An idiot as I am, I even renewed TVAdviser subscription - Cannot recommend DVBLogic anymore, what a shame. It was a great product once, but it simply gets old and isn't maintained properly. Just milking customers has always been bad practice. :roll:
VPN-User

Postby Oberon » Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 am

The issue has been solved in the addon mainline. It's just narrowly missed the 17.1 release. Probably, installing nightly is the only option for now.
Oberon

Postby VPN-User » Mon May 01, 2017 9:54 am

Oberon wrote:The issue has been solved in the addon mainline. It's just narrowly missed the 17.1 release. Probably, installing nightly is the only option for now.

No. If you'd even read the ticket, you'd have seen it still occurs on me with nightly (addon 3.4.3).
VPN-User

Postby solomalee » Mon May 01, 2017 12:03 pm

VPN-User wrote:
Oberon wrote:The issue has been solved in the addon mainline. It's just narrowly missed the 17.1 release. Probably, installing nightly is the only option for now.

No. If you'd even read the ticket, you'd have seen it still occurs on me with nightly (addon 3.4.3).

That's a shame - I was hoping the nightly would fix this :-( - At least I don't need to waster my time now.

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby solomalee » Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm

clutrz wrote:I've now migrated across to TvHeadend in the meantime and will periodically check this forum to see if anything changes before (maybe) changing back.

Hi Clutrz, are you using TV HeadEnd for UK Freesat by any chance? If so - what are you using for guide information?

I tried HeadEnd a while ago but found it tricky to setup especially the TV guide part. If anyone here has some instructions on how to setup for UK Freest, I'd be happy to here from you.

Thanks

Solo

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby Oberon » Mon May 01, 2017 12:11 pm

solomalee wrote:
VPN-User wrote:

That's a shame - I was hoping the nightly would fix this :-( - At least I don't need to waster my time now.

I would at least try. There is definitely a fix, at least for a part of the issue.
Oberon

Postby clutrz » Tue May 02, 2017 8:04 am

solomalee wrote:
clutrz wrote:I've now migrated across to TvHeadend in the meantime and will periodically check this forum to see if anything changes before (maybe) changing back.

Hi Clutrz, are you using TV HeadEnd for UK Freesat by any chance? If so - what are you using for guide information?

I tried HeadEnd a while ago but found it tricky to setup especially the TV guide part. If anyone here has some instructions on how to setup for UK Freest, I'd be happy to here from you.

Thanks

Solo

Can't help you sorry mate. I'm in Aus and the guide information is part of the DTV signal.
Model Name: DS214+
Current DSM version: DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9
DVBlink Server Version: 6.0.0 Build 14072
DVBLink TV Source Version: 6.0.0 Build 14072
Tuners: 2 x SCEH-0036 DVB-T /T2 (Sony PlayTV)
clutrz

Previous

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon