Upcoming Recordings in Kodi system Information

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

Upcoming Recordings in Kodi system Information

Postby Atreyu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 am

Hello,

In have been using Dvblink PVR add-on since V 5.0 and overall I think it's a very solid solution.
Currently I use V 5.5. There's a minor bug that I hope can be resolved.

In Kodi's system info settings, Dvblink PVR information shows the total number of existing timer rules instead of the number of upcoming recordings.
Can this be corrected so that the 'Upcoming recordings' field will actually show what it says?

Thanks,

Atreyu
Atreyu

Re: Upcoming Recordings in Kodi system Information

Postby Atreyu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 am

So very likely this will never be fixed. Too bad...
Atreyu

Postby beeswax » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:23 pm

Hopefully this quiet spell is just down to the time of year, at least I hope so. Far too many threads are going without any input from the developers recently. Can't remember which thread it was in but I did see a response along the lines of "the forum is quiet because we've moved to ticket based support". I hope that's not true because neglecting the public forum in favour of private conversations with individuals is probably the quickest way to alienate your userbase. Bug/problem reports and feature requests are going weeks without responses, I'm certainly starting to feel like support has gone down the toilet here. Please prove me wrong someone. Hello?
beeswax

Postby solomalee » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 pm

beeswax wrote:...Far too many threads are going without any input from the developers recently. Can't remember which thread it was in but I did see a response along the lines of "the forum is quiet because we've moved to ticket based support". I hope that's not true because neglecting the public forum in favour of private conversations with individuals is probably the quickest way to alienate your userbase. Bug/problem reports and feature requests are going weeks without responses, I'm certainly starting to feel like support has gone down the toilet here. Please prove me wrong someone. Hello?

That's a very sad if it's true and may explain why my Kodi PVR Addon thread seems to be getting no input whatsoever.

The forum input provided by the_man and oberon has always been very welcome and very valuable.

Resorting to ticket based support I can see can make sense for a commercial product, but where does that support model leave the KODI PVR Add-on- is that simply "BestEndeavourWare" that will eventually rot and die?

Solo

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby Atreyu » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:06 am

Indeed really surprising to me, since support from the_man and responses from Oberon were excellent in the past. In fact its what made me go for this paid product.

I still like the sheer rock-solidness of Dvblink, but as i understand now i better find out this ticketing system.
Anyone with confirmed response when taking the time to test and submit bugs..?
Atreyu

Postby solomalee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi,

I've been in a PM conversation with "the_man" on this subject...below are the key points for support and the Kodi PVR add on...

the_man wrote:Really the main supports now available at the:
https://dvblogic.freshdesk.com/helpdesk

As for Kodi - there really a lack of support as since Kodi 14.0 all PVR addons are built by Kodi team...
Anyway We are trying to test the PVR for release Kodi versions...

Tuner:Octopus NET (SATIP)
Server:Synology DS1010 DSM 5.2,DVBlink 6.0,Digiguide EPG 6.0
Client:RPI3 LibreElec 8.0.1, KODI 17.1, DVBlink addon
solomalee

Postby beeswax » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 pm

the_man wrote:As for Kodi - there really a lack of support as since Kodi 14.0 all PVR addons are built by Kodi team...
Anyway We are trying to test the PVR for release Kodi versions...

I don't buy it: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/58
beeswax

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon