New feature: Using timeshift file on another client

DVBLink Kodi PVR addon is discussed here

New feature: Using timeshift file on another client

Postby rainere » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:19 am

Hello,
there is just an idea. Sometimes I´m using timeshift to stop current tv just to go to somewhere, but after this I consider to go to another room e. g. to bedroom, with another kodi client and there I'd like to continue the timeshift. Is this possible today (kodi 16.1, suitable dvb-client) or is this planned for the future?
Thank you in advance.

Reg
rainere

Re: New feature: Using timeshift file on another client

Postby OliR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Nice idea, I would also like me.

But I think it is not easy to implement. My four DVB link clients with four tuners you must choose then somehow. :?:
OliR

Postby AndyHenderson » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:03 pm

It might be worth trying to play the recordings directly from the recordings folder by adding it to the Kodi 'Videos' section. That way, you'll be using Kodi as the player and - if you share data between your Kodi instances - it's possible that your position in the video will be shared too. I'm on shaky ground here, so no promises. This page: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL suggests it will work if your instances all share the same library.

If you play recordings via Kodi's TV/Recordings menu, then DVBLink will be the player and Kodi just handles the stream from DVBLink.

That's also why EDL files created by commercial skipping software work only if recordings are played through the Videos tab - Kodi knows how to handle EDLs. DVBLink doesn't (or at least it didn't last time I checked).

Edit: Sorry, should have said that you'd also need to record the show you are watching and watch the recorded version, rather than a direct timeshift. That's how I watch most of my TV so I can skip the adverts.
AndyHenderson

Postby ampeer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 am

There is no need to handle the timeshift recording different than any other recording. It could simply be listed amongst all other recordings with the only difference that it will automatically be deleted when stoping the playback. This would easily enable the desired feature.
Tuner: DigitalDevices Octopus NET V2 S2 Max SAT>IP 8x
Server: TVSource&TVAdvisorDE Ver.6 on Synology DS716+II DSM6
Client: Kodi17 on NvidiaShield
ampeer

Return to DVBLink Kodi PVR Addon